·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
186 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My new front brush guard arrived this evening. There wasn't any installation instructions included in the box. I'm assuming it's a pretty straight forward install.
Are there any useful advice on this install?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
272 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Very straightforward install, shouldn't have any issues. Seems like I had to unbolt my winch to get at some bolts.
My new front brush guard arrived this evening. There wasn't any installation instructions included in the box. I'm assuming it's a pretty straight forward install.
Are there any useful advice on this install?
:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I didn’t have to unbolt the winch. It probably took me an hour to install and I was taking m6 time.
The plastics have cut lines molded into the back showing where to cut.

·
Registered
852 Posts
how did you get the plastic cover back on above the winch , mine will not go in place
I cut about 1/4" or so off the back, couldn't get mine to go otherwise, you'll never see it anyway. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Installed the Yamaha brush guard this weekend on my Rmax4LE. thought I might needed to remove the stock guard but just loosened everything up and tilted it forward and took less than hour to install after that.
looks great and will protect the front plastic for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone mounted the factory front brush guard to the front of your RMAX XTR? I bought The rear guard but I’m on the fence about buying the front. If you’ve mounted one could you post some pics please? I’d like to get a better idea of what it looks like other than the one stock pic in the advertisement.

Install was straightforward. You do not have to remove the winch or the stock brush guard...the upper 2 bolts on the stock brush guard are removed, loosen the bottom 2 so the stock brush guard can swing forward, allowing you to bolt in the accessory brush guard.

For whatever reason, the skid plate gave me fits reinstalling. It seems you have to start at the front and work your way back. I did it vice versa. I did discover a leak from the front drivers side transaxle. Less than 20 hours on the machine and fewer than 25 miles. Not happy. Let's see how the dealer takes care of it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine RMAX2 1000
184 Posts
Where is everyone getting the brush guards from?? I can’t even get an oil change kit to do the first service on my machine. Much less a brush guard or any other accessories.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where is everyone getting the brush guards from?? I can’t even get an oil change kit to do the first service on my machine. Much less a brush guard or any other accessories.
Try Ebay, I got my first service kit, oil/filter/gear oil (heck, they even threw in a gasket for a Chevy rear end and RTV sealant) and both brushguards within 2 weeks of ordering.

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine RMAX2 1000
184 Posts
Ok thanks. I’ll try there. The Nearest Yamaha is like 3 hours from me and when I call them or check the Yamaha accessory page there always out of stock. It’s hard to get anything it seems like.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts