Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted the factory front brush guard to the front of your RMAX XTR? I bought The rear guard but I’m on the fence about buying the front. If you’ve mounted one could you post some pics please? I’d like to get a better idea of what it looks like other than the one stock pic in the advertisement.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just realized there’s a builder on the Yamaha RMAX4 website where you can toggle the view with all of there accessories on/off of the machine.
I prefer the looks of the front end more without the guard but it may save my plastics.
Im still on the fence:)

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
272 Posts
Here ya go...I think it looks better!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, it looks good in your pics. Looking at online pics it looks like it’ll be a simple bolt on.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
121 Posts
I agree. They look awesome. It gives the front a stronger, more finished look. How strong are they?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone mounted the factory front brush guard to the front of your RMAX XTR? I bought The rear guard but I’m on the fence about buying the front. If you’ve mounted one could you post some pics please? I’d like to get a better idea of what it looks like other than the one stock pic in the advertisement.
[/QUOTE
I am having one installed on my soon to be delivered RMAX LE, I am trying to find out the diameter of the said front brush guard to order some brackets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know the diameter of the front brush guard that my dealer will be installing on my 2021 RMAX4 1000LE

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX4 1000 XT-R
15 Posts
I agree. They look awesome. It gives the front a stronger, more finished look. How strong are they?
They feel really sturdy.

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX4 1000 XT-R
15 Posts
OK, it looks good in your pics. Looking at online pics it looks like it’ll be a simple bolt on.
It’s pretty easy to bolt on. Only part you have to be careful on is cutting the front plastic trim piece. You have to trim down the tops to fit the guard on. I cut the first side a little off but the other side turned out good. Gave it character 😆

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
272 Posts
It's actually better than I thought it would be. One thing's for sure...it's way stronger than the plastic up front!

Reactions: Madcat

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
272 Posts
Does anyone know the diameter of the front brush guard that my dealer will be installing on my 2021 RMAX4 1000LE
The front brush guard is 1 1/2" diameter

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
186 Posts
Would you mind getting me the exact width of the flat spot where you have the cub mounted in the middle? From where the two center bars meet the flat part? I want to mount a bigger LED bar there something like a 6-7 inch one. but still waiting on my rig to come in. Then I can order the lights I want.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
272 Posts
is that the size of the one that comes standard on the machine or the larger add on one? I'm looking for the diameter of the larger add on one. Thanks in advance
That's the larger add on one

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
272 Posts
Would you mind getting me the exact width of the flat spot where you have the cub mounted in the middle? From where the two center bars meet the flat part? I want to mount a bigger LED bar there something like a 6-7 inch one. but still waiting on my rig to come in. Then I can order the lights I want.
It's 6" at the back of the weld and 6 3/4" at the front. It's 2 1/8" front to back.

Reactions: RmaxUt074

·
Registered
124 Posts
It’s pretty easy to bolt on. Only part you have to be careful on is cutting the front plastic trim piece. You have to trim down the tops to fit the guard on. I cut the first side a little off but the other side turned out good. Gave it character 😆
Exactly why I haven't pull the trigger on this. Not comfortable about the trimming part.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not a hard thing to do at all, just take your time and you'll be fine with the outcome! (y)
Thanks. I will get one on order. I should be more comfortable by the time one arrives. I think I have a phobia when it comes to trimming, drilling, and putting stickers on. I have owned a 'Black Rifles Matter' sticker for 2 years. Still not on.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts