Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of anyone making aftermarket radiators for the Wolvy yet? My daughter drove a stick through mine tonight and I might as well upgrade if I can

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven't found much yet except that the viking radiator is the same part number, so maybe someone makes an upgrade for them

·
Registered
395 Posts
I haven't found much yet except that the viking radiator is the same part number, so maybe someone makes an upgrade for them
Good to know what parts are shared. I'm sure if you are out riding and need a part, you would probably have better luck asking for the equivalent Rhino part or Viking part.

Maybe we should start a list.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Where you poke a hole in it? Down where its exposed by the a arms? I made some metal guards for that area for added protection

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Good to know what parts are shared. I'm sure if you are out riding and need a part, you would probably have better luck asking for the equivalent Rhino part or Viking part.

Maybe we should start a list.
Sounds like a great thread to get started if you ask me!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That does sound like a great thread!

She must have dead centered a downed small tree. I don't have a winch yet and she shoved that stump straight through where the winch would go. It's just about dead center, 3 or 4 rows up from the bottom

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I actually ordered one of these from TCP today and hope it solves the problems I was having. (Sure you've all seen the posts so I won't go through it again). I actually ended up talking to him on the phone for quite some time and I think the thicker core plus the triple pass design should solve all the problems. He said from a radiator guy design standpoint he really doesn't like the fact that Yamaha has both hoses at the same height as it doesn't really help with cooling as much as if they were offset.

Might be a few weeks before I get it installed, well its hunting season here so priorities lol, but I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, I'll be interested in hearing if it helps

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Had a few hours so I was able to get it installed. It's a tight fit but it goes in. Seems like its a lot better unit. Unfortunately our trail system is closed to SXS in the winter and it doesn't look like the lakes will be freezing up anytime soon, so not sure when I'll be able to test it out. I actually talked to them and decided on the mudder core instead of the high efficiency. Basically has a few less fins. They said that their experience is with a few less fins it doesn't plug up as easy and actually ends up cooling better in muddy conditions
IMG_20151205_203512404.jpg IMG_20151205_184458682.jpg IMG_20151205_180340085.jpg

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NICE!! I'm curious to see how it works for you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody else having trouble with their bike overheating like I do. Oil cooler is clean but rad is plugged and cannot get it clean or else it is plugged by the fan. Help me

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Thing I found best to clean it is the radiator genie. Works pretty well. I couldn't ride mine the way I would like without it running hot by the end of the day, so I bit the bullet and ordered the TCP one, seems a lot better but obviously is winter here so I don't get a true test. From an engineering standpoint I think the factory design could take some improvement

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is a REALLY old thread, but did the TCP radiator make a noticeable improvement in your R-Spec's temps? I'm considering the same remedy. Thanks!

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I'd say mines well worth the money. Zero heating issues since

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hey Nelson, No overheating after adding engine ice , removing the oil cooler guard plate and placing side baffles which blocks the splash from the front wheels onto the radiator. The radiator stays much cleaner. I️ have been watching the radiator temps and they range from191 to 201. Come ride Hilltop!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts