Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a product that lessens the muffler noise. Both Kolpin and Silent Rider don't have adapters to fit Wolverine without cutting and welding.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Drive faster. If you hit about 640, you won't hear any noise as it will be behind you��

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been working on a silencer for the wolverine. This is my first prototype. I made a mistake on the center to center distance for the bracket so only one one would fit. The finished product will have two stainless brackets and be parallel to the factory exhaust. It is made from 316 stainless and has virtually no restriction. Uses ceramic fiber for sound deadning. has 1 1/2" inlet and outlet with no internal baffles. It is quieter and faster than stock exhaust with tip in. There is a very noticeable decrease in noise from engine breaking also. I have 103 hours of hard riding with the pictured setup and have had 0 issues so far. Wolverine exhaust.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know of a product that lessens the muffler noise. Both Kolpin and Silent Rider don't have adapters to fit Wolverine without cutting and welding.
I still don't see anyone with an aftermarket muffler silencer. Its been a year, surely somebody has developed a good silencer for the Wolverine.

Does anybody have a suggestion to lowering the muffler noise on the Wolverine? Something that does not require welding?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been working on a silencer for the wolverine. This is my first prototype. I made a mistake on the center to center distance for the bracket so only one one would fit. The finished product will have two stainless brackets and be parallel to the factory exhaust. It is made from 316 stainless and has virtually no restriction. Uses ceramic fiber for sound deadning. has 1 1/2" inlet and outlet with no internal baffles. It is quieter and faster than stock exhaust with tip in. There is a very noticeable decrease in noise from engine breaking also. I have 103 hours of hard riding with the pictured setup and have had 0 issues so far. View attachment 31714
That looks nice and kudos for trying to solve an issue. Most simply complain and wait for others to come up with something. Does the extra pipe get in the way or hang up on anything on trails?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Gentleman, It's been a while since I was here. I put over 1000 hours on the exhaust as pictured with no problems at all. I am going to move forward with offering these for sale on the internet(and here after I become a supporting vendor). So no prices for now. I do need your help however. I sold the Wolverine and now have a YXZ1000. Does anyone have a stock exhaust for sale. I can't find one on ebay or this site. I have all the parts to make a second prototype just no exhaust to use for fitment. My newbie status won't let me post in classifieds. I sale exhausts for Mud Motors and am trying to branch out. Home: Marshmellow Performance

Thanks for the replys
Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts