Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering some modifications to my buggy. My thoughts are larger wheels and tires, a lift , and possibly a sheave and fuel programmer. My concern is as I purchased the extended warranty does it void any part of the agreement? As I have been following the forum for several months and seen some great builds so I know you guys have experienced some of these issues. Thanx in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
A modification will not void your warranty, but if the modification is the cause of an issue that you are trying to claim they will not cover it. For example, a lift affects drive-line angles and suspension, a sheave affects the clutching, a fuel programmer can change air to fuel ratios (too lean or too rich) that can affect engine components, power, rev limiters, top speed (engine, transmission, drive-line affected). Personally, I'd run it close to stock until you feel you have any obvious bugs worked out before messing with the clutch and engine. It depends on what you and your dealer are comfortable with when addressing Yamaha with a claim.

Reactions: Buckeye Wolvy

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Sound advice from both of these members here. It is usually safest to run the machine through the break-in period before doing any performance modifications. Also, let the suspension work itself in for a hundred miles or so. And as mentioned, a lot will depend on your dealer. I have seen dealers who don't care what you do to your bike/machine, they warranty it. I have seen others that look for any way possible to deny a claim.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good to know, I too was going to ask the same question. The dealer, Fremont motorsports in Florence co, is awesome but I'll wait until 8 get more miles on before I do any engine mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts