Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone load a Wolverine into the back of a Ram 3500 CC with 8 foot bed? From the measurements I have taken and what I see for stats on my soon to be machine, I am wondering if I can load it. I measure the tailgate of my Ram at 60 inches. Thanks.

Yam-Man

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Does anyone load a Wolverine into the back of a Ram 3500 CC with 8 foot bed? From the measurements I have taken and what I see for stats on my soon to be machine, I am wondering if I can load it. I measure the tailgate of my Ram at 60 inches. Thanks.

Yam-Man
I have a 2011 ram 3500 and the wolverine won't go all the way in the bed as the rear rock guards are over 60'' leaving the back tires on the back part of the tailgate which I didn't like,and as the front tires are at 60'' makes it a tight fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trail cutter thanks for the reply. I guess somehow I will figure out a way to haul it. How do you haul? I will be getting mine sometime soon I hope and will have to use the truck or stay at home.!!!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You can buy single axle trailers pretty inexpensively. 6.5 x 10 can work.......6.5 x 12 is better.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I know there are certain drawbacks to a trailer..........but you can buy a hella nice trailer for $3k. A nice used single axle can be found around here for $800 or so.
My buddy uses one like this so he can still pull his camper, and he likes not having to deal with a trailer on some of our narrow mountain roads.
But......... it seem like a bit of an adventure loading and unloading.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
There are always pros and cons. Looks top heavy to me....and as you said loading would be an adventure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
mine fits in my 3500 but I have a bonus:D the only problem I have is good enough ramps to get it on there, but I have hauled it on it ram2.jpg ram3.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
Check out mad ramps. It's a system that goes into your 2" receiver and is a set of ramps that pivot and will also hold a load. They tested them is Dirt Wheels a few months back and one of the machines they hauled with them was a Wolverine.

https://www.madramps.com/about/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Walters you cheat!!!! Looks like you have solved the same problem that I have. Will be pulling a large 5th wheel soon and will probable have to pull a small trailer behind it to hair the SXS. I was just at a dealer yesterday looking at a bed like yours for my Ram.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually brought my wolverine home in the back of my 2007 4 door short bed duramax Dealership was blown away. I wouldn't recommend long hauls because I don't trust the cables on the tail gate. But it worked in a pinch

·
Registered
198 Posts
Walters you cheat!!!! Looks like you have solved the same problem that I have. Will be pulling a large 5th wheel soon and will probable have to pull a small trailer behind it to hair the SXS. I was just at a dealer yesterday looking at a bed like yours for my Ram.
u cannot go wrong, love my bed, don't have to worry about hitting bed sides with 5th wheel, can load my wolv onit strait or sideways trucktrailer.jpg

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I actually brought my wolverine home in the back of my 2007 4 door short bed duramax Dealership was blown away. I wouldn't recommend long hauls because I don't trust the cables on the tail gate. But it worked in a pinch
You could put planks under the buggy to distribute the weight. take the strain off the cables

Reactions: Idrnkber

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
u cannot go wrong, love my bed, don't have to worry about hitting bed sides with 5th wheel, can load my wolv onit strait or sideways
Don't know how many 5th wheel haulers I've seen with U's in the tailgate because they forgot to drop it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts