Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 150 miles I realized the glove box was leaking and getting very dirty, so I thought how to seal it off better and why. The drain in the box is right in front of the tire and it fills it full of mud, so on the backside under the fender I put a removable pop rivet to keep the tire from flinging water and mud up in there, then I took some adhesive rubber stripping and put it around the box where the lid lip hits it to help keep water out. Going to give it a go tomorrow and see how it holds up. I can't believe Yamaha didn't put a seal on the lid and a drain in it with a removable plug. I dont think its perfect but at least I can throw a sweatshirt or something in now and not have it get drenched or muddy.

Attachments

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
Nice work! A little bit of custom cabinetry. Kinda sad this is another thing that was overlooked.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
A little drain tube would have been fine. Like on the bottom of most airbox's. Have a tube that's squished together to make a 1 way valve type setup.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Nice. I put a coarse thread bolt in mine, worked well for keeping it out from the tire. Tonight I am doing weatherstripping on the sealing edge of the door itself. I have to say, even for a first year model there sure are a lot of little things Yamaha overlooked on this machine.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Would you mind listing all of the little things you feel were overlooked? I'm considering one and would like to see all the things that could stand to be improved in one list or thread. Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after the ride this weekend the box was clean! After I power washed the machine it was a bit wet in there but I expect that. The big difference maker i believe is the drain, I can't believe Yamaha didn't put a drain plug in there. Oh well it was a easy fix. I recommend doing both but at least put a plug in the drain of some sort

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can pull the rubber drain from a car that has air-conditioning. Water drips out the slit, but not much can get in.
Best Regards,
Ranger Rick
North Idaho

·
Holiday Winner!
105 Posts
I put a dab of silicone to seal up the drain hole. Then used adhesive backed foam weatherstripping around the glove box door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts