Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i Tried to search on this forum but did not return any results (not sure if the search option is no good or my computer skills are lacking)

I am interested in anyones experience with fuel milage you get on your machines. so things like how far have you made it on a single tank with what kind of riding was involved. also opinions on the gas gauge accuracy compared to mileage. i have a 2013 grizzly 700 and before the heavy amount of modifications it got decent distance to a tank but was very up and down on the way you rode the machine. my group does some fairly long rides and want to know if spare fuel is a necessity or not. i also know that the grizzly gas gauge was very accurate and the 4 bars were broken down to almost a gallon of gas per bar and another gallon on the blinking gas light

so what is everyones fuel experiences?

Thanks for all of your time

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was getting around 20 mpg trail riding on hard pack trails going 30-35 mph. It goes down significantly when playing in the sand

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I take my time during trail riding I get about 180 miles a tank. Obviously I get less in 4wd and driving aggressively.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I went around 90 miles this past weekend and only lost 1 bar out of 4, mostly road riding 25-40 mph and some trail riding 0-10mph.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Last weekend we topped up after driving about 50 miles as we were stopped at a gas station. Didn't need fuel, but just because...
I was riding alone in the Wolverine and my friend and his wife had my 2012 Grizzly 700 and I put a dollar less in the Wolverine than the Grizzly took.
Both machines were full when we started. I figure it ain't bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts