Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Viking firestorm heater.
Our choice location for the heater is in the lower center cubby, for what seems it's only good is a rattle box for loose items. We took a cut off wheel and cut the cubby box out leaving its face plate with the 4 demple screw indents and face intact. Remove the center console storage box and then remove the top of the center console over the shifter and e-brake. Now there are two 10mm head bolts at the consol rear and several plastic quick reverts down each side of the console. Now remove the air box two 10mm headed bolts on the passenger side and one centered on the drivers side. Remove the mass air flow sensor electrical plug and air box clamps, then lift out the air cleaner assembly. The major problem here is the air cleaners front inlet, as it has to be cut off on the vertical upward part just below the heater install area. You will have to go to your local automotive parts supplier and obtain some 3" flex tube to re-route the air cleaner snorkel to the right just under the hood edge, or if your a deep water runner this would be the perfect time to run your air supply up the driver side roll cage. Now there is room on the drivers side of the tunnel to remove the cut out cubby box and slide the firestorm heater mounted to the supplied bracket up and into posistion. With someone holding the heater in place centered in the cubby opening, drill one hole at the four corners of the cubby face plate and through into the heaters steel frame bracket and insert the 4 sheet metal screws. This will hold the heater in place while you measure and form a z bracket from one of the heaters supplied 1/2 x 3" brackets. This z bracket will fasten to the drivers side of the heaters main bracket and it's base will sit and fasten flat to the fire wall below the heater bracket, as this is the front support for the heater assembly. Follow the rest of the fire storm instructions and you will have a profession looking install at arms reach and keep your glove box too.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You make it sound easy. A video of the install process would be awesome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Video coming this was our first install on my son's machine. The video will be of the install on my machine as soon as my heater gets here, as pratice makes perfect. The first install took about 4 hours with the two of us working on it. I believe we can now shave an hour off that after learning the in and outs. As My post states the real problem is there is not enough room for the heater to extend into the cubby hole because the air cleaner snorkel curves back a bit centered in the hole leaving 1/2 short of the heater the proper heater length. That why the upper snorkel has to be cut and using waterproof pvc flex pipe to move the snorkel to the left side of the inner hood opening. This requires some trimming a new opening for the snorkel and connecting the air inlet pipes together with the flex pipe. The heater was installed with the control knobs towards the drivers side, as the radiater hoses are easier to install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cubby opening set back in just enough to allow the firestorm defrost elbow to be install and clear the fire wall, as the defrost elbow receptacle opening is very close to the fire wall, this fit is perfect with the heaters mounting plate butting against the cubby face plate.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Hopefully this thread gets moved to the appropriate area of the forum to help others in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts