Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they are going to start producing them next week they have the prototypes done you are going to see about 4 more ho at the wheels. They did a full exhaust system with a swamp for me as I wanted to keep the sound down. I am picking mine up in two Monday's so the 11th. They said it should be done mid to late next week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How much louder is it than stock? It would be awesome if u could post a video and let us hear it. I hunt so I would like an exhaust system but I wouldn't want it much louder than it is now. I understand it will be louder but just curious because other hmf exhausts I've heard, you don't want to ride behind

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
It is only about 2 db louder. Honestly I can hardly tell the difference over stock. It's a deeper tone for sure, but not much louder. The swamp series would be just fine for hunting. I have a video at idle but i haven't gotten it hosted on a website yet.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It is only about 2 db louder. Honestly I can hardly tell the difference over stock. It's a deeper tone for sure, but not much louder. The swamp series would be just fine for hunting. I have a video at idle but i haven't gotten it hosted on a website yet.
Any noticeable difference in power ?

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Ya. Had to do some tweaking, WOT was a little lean, but it's hard to judge because I also put a sheave kit in at the same time. However, Erin noticed a good gain in power, as he has a stock clutch setup still.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know on my Rancher I had I put the HMF exhaust and bought their controller and never had to touch a thing on the adjustments. The thing pulled like a mother from a dead stop to the top end in 5th gear. In stock trim, I had to climb hills in first gear only because it bogged down too much when I shifted. With the HMF goodies on, I could start in 1st and be wound out in 3rd by the top. Once I get to the point where I have the $$$ to get the exhaust and programmer for the Wolvie (being a diehard Ohio State fan, saying the full name is tough lol), I know exactly where I'm going!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are running the HMF Gen 3 fuel controller if you have any other questions please let me know

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Once I get to the point where I have the $$$ to get the exhaust and programmer for the Wolvie (being a diehard Ohio State fan, saying the full name is tough lol), I know exactly where I'm going!
As a green blooded Spartan I totally get where you are coming from. Although after this past weekend it is somewhat easier. :cool:

·
Registered
718 Posts
As a green blooded Spartan I totally get where you are coming from. Although after this past weekend it is somewhat easier. :cool:
I'm such a diehard I even changed my hood decal

image.jpg

Reactions: atkbike

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
That is awesome (for anything buckeye related) I've thought about doing something similar. I'm in AZ taking care of my ailing mother. Will be buying a r spec as soon as I am able to get back to Spartan country.

I've test drove a couple of times. I'm a big guy and loved the roominess and ride. My riding buddy and I are switching from Jeep Cherokees to sxs's He is in route to picking up his r spec as I'm typing. I'm a bit jealous.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts