Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Yamaha fix the noisey , hot and dusty in cab issues? This will be my whole reason for buying one . Any input appreciated!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Did Yamaha fix the noisey , hot and dusty in cab issues? This will be my whole reason for buying one . Any input appreciated!
I find mine is reasonably quiet until about 30 mph,then has a high pitched whine that is irritating,there is some heat through shifter consol when fan kicks in,dust isn't too bad with windshield down.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It's nowhere near as hot with the motor position farther back. You don't get as much engine noise in the cab as the Rhinos have, but you do hear the belt whine a little more. I can't say if that's any louder Then the Rhino, or you just hear more because of less engine noise. The only time I've noticed a lot of dust was cruising down gravel roads following someone and I had my windshield laying down because it was hot that day. I've heard the dust does stay down a bit if you have a windshield and back window.

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
I think the dust is more of a product of what you do for front and back windows. I have none but I heard that adding a back window actually helps a lot to keep the dust out, again I don't have one just what I heard.

As far as the cab heat the only experience I have is with my buddy's rzr and i can tell you its now where close to the heat you see in that

Like others said noise is kinda high around 30 mph, but doesn't seem terrible to me, however I do always wear a helmet when riding.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had my Wolverine without a windshield and then I got the folding front windshield and the rear panel. Night and day difference. The 2 venturi holes on the top of the rear panel are the secret in my opinion. Very little dust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I had a Rhino 660 and a 450 dust ,noise and cab heat to me where my biggest gripe. Sold them both and hoping to get a Wolverine in a month or so,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts