Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own one, so please consider this with some of odd and sometimes stupid questions. :)

I believe the air cleaner box is under the console, correct?

Which puts it fairly low in the unit. I understand the air intake position is under the hood but it must be connected via something to the air cleaner.

Are their any concerns with this location? While I don't plan on ever getting in water that is deeper than my ankles on purpose, you never know when you are crossing a ditch if it is going to be deeper than you think.:)

How are they sealed?

My reason for asking is my first job out of engineering school was as a manufacturing engineer for a company that made air cleaner boxes for many automotive companies. They were always air tight on the "clean side" but not always on the "dirty side". This was for vehicles like the Toyota Corolla and the Dodge Viper and not off road vehicles, but generally, there isn't a need to be air tight on the "dirty side".

What about the Wolverine?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Intake is under the hood above the battery. Fairly high.. lowest point would be the CVT intake which is about your lower back while sitting in the seat. So if you don't get your butt wet it'll be fine. It is sealed from front to back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intake is under the hood above the battery. Fairly high.. lowest point would be the CVT intake which is about your lower back while sitting in the seat. So if you don't get your butt wet it'll be fine. It is sealed from front to back.
So the air cleaner box is not under the console or is it just really well sealed? :)

I tried to look for pictures on the net but couldn't find what I was looking for.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
As the others said, it is completely sealed from the TBI all the way up to the opening of the duct work under the hood. Here is the best pic I could find via google, I have none of my own machine showing the detail you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.