Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body installed switches into the dash panel yet? If so , is there any trick of how to run the wiring to the back of switch panel?
I have the plastic firewall plate removed, but from there I cannot get my hands down behind the dash switch panel, there is no room at all for your hands.
My X2 XTR 2020 model was easy to do verses the RMAX. I did manage to get 2 cables with the square 6 plug connector up into the back of switch panel, it took me quite awhile to manage to get the wiring in the right position behind the square cut out so I could grab it with a needle nose and hold it so I could push the switch into the plug.

Maybe I'm missing something here, I love the idea of having the 6 cut outs for switches, but what a PIA to get the wiring down in behind the panel and plugged into the switch.

Thanks
kenner

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I'm doing this now on my Gen1. I slid the front plastic up the cage.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It seems to just be difficult. My hands barely fit as well. I pushed the wire through and had my friend grab the other end. I will be putting on rock lights and whips before too long, so we sill see how that goes....

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
For that even in mine when required I run a stiffer wire or other type of fish back from the panel through an opening. Pull the required wires back through. You can do it the opposite way as well if running wire not cut yet to your destinations.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
811 Posts
The front panel easily pulls off. Massive has a video on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like these. Damn a rocker switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts