Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this to connect their winch, light bar, or fuse block? Rather than splicing into the factory harness to add accessories to the 12V plug, this gives you two hot wires to run relays or power accessories by simply plugging it in between the main harness and the acc. plug. I have my winch partially installed and I'm not real excited about cutting into the factory wires. (I hate chasing down electrical issues!) I haven't used one but I just ordered two so I can use one to wire the winch and fuse block on my Wolverine and the other to straighten out the rat's nest of wiring on my Grizzly.

Acc. Wire Harness.jpeg

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I also used one on my Grizzly, works well. On the Wolverine I just used the type of connector where you don't have to cut the wire to tap into it. If it ever starts having a bad connection I will switch to it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great info, did't know you could buy it without buying a winch

Reactions: MNDirtRider

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thank You MN Dirt Rider, thats the part # I needed. Local wing nuts on the parts desk couldn't find this number after about 20 minutes of searching. Good Help IS hard to find.
But as always this Forum comes thru, every time!!!

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,362 Posts
Could u please elaborate as to exactly where to install this?

Thank u!

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
431 Posts
The wire off of the accessory plug can be separated this plug fits between the separated ends it is on the passengers side on the back side of the dash it works great. Right above the right front tire.

Reactions: Wolvie Hunter

·
Registered
124 Posts
Correct, that's the wire harness I'm looking at . I just need a connection to complete the light bar wiring.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Worked great, thanks much for the part number. I am installing panel and lights and I certainly did not want to be up in the fender wheel anymore than necessary. This wire adapter took maybe a minute including getting on my knees to get up in the fender wheel. Very helpful and no rinky-dink stablok connector to worry about failing.

Reactions: MNDirtRider

·
Registered
651 Posts
anybody got a picture of this thing and where it hooks up?

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
anybody got a picture of this thing and where it hooks up?
For picture see post no. 1
For where it connects read post no. 7

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just follow the wires coming out of the back of the 12V accessory plug (AKA cigarette lighter). You will find that the wires to the 12V port are a short little "harness" type of thing that connects to the main wire harness with exactly the same white plugs as you have on this . Unplug that connection and then insert the new connectors of the additional wire and plug it all back together. You now have two hot wires without cutting into your factory wiring. I can take pictures of mine the next time I have the front fenders up for some more wiring.

Reactions: Wolvie Hunter

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks guys ill be taking a look this morning once the sun comes up. I recieved a small connector of some sort with my warn winch that had no instructions involving it. Im now wondering if thats not what it is.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys ill be taking a look this morning once the sun comes up. I recieved a small connector of some sort with my warn winch that had no instructions involving it. Im now wondering if thats not what it is.
Did you get the Yamaha version of the Warn winch? It seems that I have heard those winches come with that wire accessory.

·
Registered
651 Posts
no I just ordered a warn 4500 provantage. I went out to the barn and looked it over and no it is not the correct wire. I have 2 short wires loose from the rest of the assembly with no mention of them in the directions. I have no clue what they are for. Im no good at vehicle electrics so Im kind of stumped. I think I want to order one of those pdm60 module things for the accessories but even with that im unsure how to wire the switches for it. I will be ordering the correct wire this weekend I think I seen it on amazon for like 17 bucks. would be very helpful to not have to splice a wire.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did you get the Yamaha version of the Warn winch? It seems that I have heard those winches come with that wire accessory.
Yes, you are correct. My Warn winch kit came with that factory Yamaha connector.

·
Administrator
2,794 Posts
UPDATE: Yamaha now sells the ends pre-made:

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/...ries&d=2|2&f=2021|520&ls=yamaha-motor-company

I was going to start a new thread but figured it would be more appropriate to add to this one.

All Yamaha's have a blank connector to keep dirt out of the additional accessory plug. Now if you have an older model, it may make sense to buy the splitter part but us X4 owners have plenty of plugs already (there are at least 6):

You can take that blank plug and buy the pins necessary to convert it to a harness. The male connector (plastic part) uses female pins and the female connector uses male pins (I know pretty confusing). The blanks are FEmale, so we need male pins.

You can get them here, which also has option for 2 different wire gauge sizes:

Male https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=227 (these are what you need for the blanks already provided)

You could also just Google Sumitomo p/n 1500-0105 (male).

Don't forget to order seals as well: https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=351

For under 10 bucks you could get the pin connectors for all your accessory plugs

UPDATE: Received my parts from Corsa. I had ordered the wrong pins (female) and they exchanged them for the male pins as well as combined my shipping

On the right you can see the blank plug which requires male pins:

I ordered two wire gauge sizes:

Simple to crimp on, make sure you bend over the tabs closest to the end as well or the pin won't engage the locking tab:

Ready to go, I only needed the positive lead:

If you're doing reverse lights you'll need the female sockets:

https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=226&category_id=111

·
Registered
454 Posts
Has anyone tried connecting more than one of these connectors in series? Ive got one for my winch controller Im using and a spare I was thinking about using to power a lighted toggle switch. Shouldnt be too much load on that circuit.

·
Administrator
2,794 Posts
Has anyone tried connecting more than one of these connectors in series? Ive got one for my winch controller Im using and a spare I was thinking about using to power a lighted toggle switch. Shouldnt be too much load on that circuit.
They all go to the same fused source to the same battery so parallel wouldn't gain you anything and series would pop that fuse.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I ran two in a series. I am using a PDM60 acc wire on it though and the other is literally just a power point to light my switches. So not much draw at all. So far so good.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts