1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does your RMAX see in the winter?

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went out and did just under 60 miles today and the 4WD got its break in for sure. What a great day though. The car wash is gonna hate me tomorrow though.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to move a few fallen trees on the journey but still went about 25 miles into the mountains before I chickened out and turned around. lol.

Finally decided to stop right here

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do very minimal riding in the winter-although I have to wait until the trails are open to snowmobiles before I can venture out on them. The snowmobilers frown upon any UTV's/ATV's on 'their' trail system though as they feel we damage the trails. My defense is that everything damages the trails, snowmobiles just damage the middle and we damage the sides-lol. Anyway, the nice part about it is when I get home after a winter ride, I don't have to worry about washing it-once it melts, I can just put it away. I will do a couple runs across the flowage too, so that will be interesting-the whole thing is bigger/taller than my R-Spec and should handle it completely different.

·
Registered
699 Posts
My Wolverine is usually put away for the winter. This year I plan to use it. I found winter trails that I may try if I ever get my RMAX.
Love the pictures Wolvyman.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Nice pics. That thing looks great in the wild.

Different seasons certainly offer different terrain and scenery. A selling feature (for me anyway) of a SxS is the ability to use it yr around. Unlike other toys such as a boat or snowmobile.

I grew up riding snowmobiles. Treking thru an easy trail at night, with a light snow fall coming down, is like therepy. May even stop for a fire and some hot chocolate.

Went out and did just under 60 miles today and the 4WD got its break in for sure. What a great day though. The car wash is gonna hate me tomorrow though. View attachment 89911 View attachment 89912 View attachment 89913

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
Nope, come spring you wouldn't even know a snowmobile was on the trail or crossing fields with trail permission in the winter. The don't dig holes, create ruts destroying the terrain. Going on road type trail shouldn't be allowed in the early spring as ruts in the soft earth, sink holes and other occurrences when thawing ruin the road for the rest of the year for everyone. I once has trailer in a snowmobile area where all the other vehicles were banded from going in even in the spring until the ground dried out. Going in as I did in the spring once I dropped into a big sink hole area up to my front and rear axles as well as rockers. I was many hours getting my self out.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'll ride. We don't get much snow and when it does, its usually only 5 or 6 inches. The kids love being pulled on a sled behind the SXS. It probably gets more use as its easier on the pasture than the pickup when its time to feed or take grain and hay to the barn.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
Same here 5-6" if that and if more it never lasts. Wind and sun take its toll. After a few days the trail is exposed and even if not its not near enough for a base to build onto for the sleds. I get plenty of fresh air with my half windshield. LOL

·
Registered
689 Posts
Riding is a year round event for me. I don’t see much deep snow (24” or more) in the WV area but rain or shine is fine. Even when snow is deep we just ride at lower elevations.

·
Registered
2021 X4 - Super ATV windshield- UTVMA bump seat-
96 Posts
Mine will see probably 350 miles this month in conditions of around a foot of snow (elk season) and will probably get ridden a decent amount pulling the kids around on sleds, also may take a couple mountain rides on sunnier winter days.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
180 Posts
What does your RMAX see in the winter?
Dealer texted today to say my RMAX4 XTR is in, I will be riding it Saturday afternoon and all winter, my 19 X2 had 2654 miles on it when I sold her last month, If I have time in the winter the tires are rolling !

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love it. Keep em rollin' everbody. I plan on as much as I can as well. Thinking about heading to the San Rafael Swell soon. My buddies been trying to get me to go there with him for a while.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My RMAX is only parked overnight, or when I'm not driving it, LOL...It goes out at least 2-3 times a week if even for a short 6 mile ride to town.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
180 Posts
Dealer texted today to say my RMAX4 XTR is in, I will be riding it Saturday afternoon and all winter, my 19 X2 had 2654 miles on it when I sold her last month, If I have time in the winter the tires are rolling !
She is Gorgeous !!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes she is🔥🔥🔥

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #19