Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What windshield are you guys running half or full? And what do you think is better?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Running a full. I keep it folded unless it's pouring rain. Hit a nice downpour before I had it on and it was like a waterpark ride. LOL If I know it's just sunny out, I'll just take the 6 bolts out to make it a half windshield. Only thing is with the full windshield and the top half removed.. it doesn't have that outward lip that really deflects the wind. So it's not as effective as the real half windshield. But with it just folded down, it's just as effective.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I do the same as Deeyoh. If there's no chance of rain the top half gets unbolted and left at the house. Chance of rain, it goes on and I ride with it down till the rain comes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Running a full. I keep it folded unless it's pouring rain. Hit a nice downpour before I had it on and it was like a waterpark ride. LOL If I know it's just sunny out, I'll just take the 6 bolts out to make it a half windshield. Only thing is with the full windshield and the top half removed.. it doesn't have that outward lip that really deflects the wind. So it's not as effective as the real half windshield. But with it just folded down, it's just as effective.
Do you notice a difference with a half windshield? With the full shield, are the shield holders on the hood screwed in or stuck on?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Do you notice a difference with a half windshield? With the full shield, are the shield holders on the hood screwed in or stuck on?
Personally, I dot really notice much difference between running with the top folded down or off. And the windshield holders on the hood are drilled through and bolted on.

Reactions: OzzyDave

·
Registered
718 Posts
Will the full windshield keep you kinda dry in a rain storm?
Actually, it does a pretty good job at it. A couple of weeks ago I was on a ride where I had the windshield down after the rain stopped early in the day and one of those quick downpours popped up. My cousin was riding with me and we were able to pop it up and latch it down while driving and it kept us pretty dry at least as far as the stuff coming down through the front into our laps.

Reactions: BigBuck and chief

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Well, that's pretty neat. Wonder where I could just get the bottom seal. Some I see with the rubber seal at the bottom and some I don't.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the smaller wind deflector and love it. I can duck my head just a little bit and the wind goes right over my head. I'm not worried about getting wet since thats usually what im using it for. During trail riding I'm usually hitting every water/mud hole I can find. During duck hunting I usually have waders on and waterproof gear. So basically I use the wind deflector to knock the chill out of the air during the winter months.

Reactions: SGT215

·
Registered
395 Posts
I always bought a split on my old machines and ended up taking off the larger part leaving the lower part. What is nice about the Yamaha full windshield, is it easily folds down if you ever need to do that. So its great. If its nice out and not super wet, I fold it down. If its raining, I leave it up. If Its super muddy, I fold it down since I woulnt be able to see!.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does it get difficult to see if it is raining with the full shield? I'm trying to decide on one but am unsure. When I had the full windshield on my Rhino, I never used it cause it felt like it was right in my face.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Does it get difficult to see if it is raining with the full shield? I'm trying to decide on one but am unsure. When I had the full windshield on my Rhino, I never used it cause it felt like it was right in my face.
That last ride I was on, I really didn't notice it. Once we got it up and locked down, we wiped it off with a clean towel and it was smooth sailing the rest of the storm.

Reactions: BigBuck

·
Registered
160 Posts
I take a spray bottle and a squeegee. Always go in a horizontal direction. I never tried RainX yet. Not sure how it's on plastic. But for now the squeegee is fine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I dont think Rain X is recommended on plastic, I've been using Plexus, while expensive it works very well to clean and keep mud/water off the shield.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts