Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the Yamaha hard polycarbonate fold down windshield. I would like to install a wiper motor / arm assembly. I am leaning towards a waterproof marine type of unit...one that would typically be installed on boats. In particular I am looking at a arm assembly length of about 22 inches and a wiper that would accommodate clearing most both sides of the windshield if center mounted. The windshield does claim to be scratch resistant. The wiper motor itself would be mounted on the roll cage. Has anyone done something similar on the Yamaha folding down windshield? To add to this I welcome comments and suggestions from anyone with ideas of a full coverage windshield wiper/motor combination that will work well with the fold down windshield. I am not concerned about folding down the windshield since that will rarely occur and when it does I can simply remove the wiper arm temporarily. I would like to consider Yamaha specific as well as after market and the option I mentioned above. I am thinking marine motor since it is waterproof and 12V DC. Am open to ideas.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I went with two hand operated wipers on mine,the windshield seems to be very scratch resistant so far,they come with intermittent ,slow and fast speeds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts