Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I ordered the windshield from Yamaha for the new Wolvie. I see many videos of people bumping around like crazy, how does the fold down piece stay dogged down on the hood, or does it slip off entirely if you are going to go crazy?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I have the wind deflector and love it. I suppose in a hard rain a full windshield might keep you drier but then you need a wiper, worry about scratching. We've ridden 600 miles this winter in temp as low as the teens. That deflector keeps most of the wind off from you.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool thanks, that might be what I have seen in the videos. I could see where that would keep a lot of stuff out the way it hugs the body.

Anybody else on here able to weigh in on the windshield?

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Hey all I ordered the windshield from Yamaha for the new Wolvie. I see many videos of people bumping around like crazy, how does the fold down piece stay dogged down on the hood, or does it slip off entirely if you are going to go crazy?
To answer your question about securing the folded down windshield, there are two rubber hold downs that mount on the front fenders that the windshield top edge slides into.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To answer your question about securing the folded down windshield, there are two rubber hold downs that mount on the front fenders that the windshield top edge slides into.
Does it stay locked down on bumpy stuff?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Does it stay locked down on bumpy stuff?
Yes, once you lock it in, it doesn't move at all. I've rode the bumpy stuff and even hauled it down the road at 70MPH with the windshield down and it hasn't moved.

Reactions: mifrank67

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Hi inetmug,

I have only a small amount of time on mine so far but have not had one instance that the Yamaha folding popped up and/or out of the rubber blocks. it has not even been loose or flopping around up there.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
you can also run with the top piece off as it just snaps on,i like the flip out windshields better, and the vented looks like a good idea,but wasn't an option when I bought my machine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
you can also run with the top piece off as it just snaps on,i like the flip out windshields better, and the vented looks like a good idea,but wasn't an option when I bought my machine.
That's what I do when the weather is nice. Leave the top in the garage

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Yamaha fold down windshield, with it folded in the rubber stops it will not move. Just make sure to close the clamps for the top piece. I have heard of people losing them, if you lock them shut they will stay put.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i installed the vented windshield from utv headquarters last weekend. Very cool feature to flush dust out of the cab. Only dislike is that it vibrates a good bit when the machine is idling but goes away after you get rolling.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok cool thanks guys I will leave the order in place. I like the idea of a full windshield when it is cold and misty.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i installed the vented windshield from utv headquarters last weekend. Very cool feature to flush dust out of the cab. Only dislike is that it vibrates a good bit when the machine is idling but goes away after you get rolling.
does it fit up under the canopy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts