Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my machine I felt like I needed something up front but was leery of a full windshield. I really didn't want to deal with wipers. Running in dust or rain with a full windshield and no wipers would not work well. I opted to try the deflector. My buddy with matching machine opted to wait and see how mine worked.

Today was our first real ride together. It was 40ish and drizzly. I rode the entire ride in a heavy hoody sweatshirt and t shirt and remained quite comfy and my glasses stayed dry for the most part. My buddy was wearing heavy carrhart to stay warm and his face was red and his eyes were running from the cold air hitting his face. For a real test my son hopped from my machine over to his to give a comparison. He said the reduction in wind hitting him in the face from the deflector was surprising.

My buddy was placing an order soon as we got back. It also survived the rollover with zero damage. Now that I have the mounting hardware and the original to use for a contour pattern, I am going to have another buddy make me one out of lexan about 3" taller. I think that will keep the air off the top of my head. I'm 6'5" so I don't think the avg person would have that issue.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I have the wind deflector also, but I'm not as happy with it. It blocks the wind right up to around the center of my head. I'm warm from the nose down, but the wind hits me right in the eyes. I'm 6'1"

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the wind deflector also, but I'm not as happy with it. It blocks the wind right up to around the center of my head. I'm warm from the nose down, but the wind hits me right in the eyes. I'm 6'1"
Have you tried riding without it?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I love my wind deflector, works great for me.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Yes I have. I didn't say i didn't like it, just that when it's cold, my face still freezes, lol
It does help with the dust and I don't have the glare problem of a dusty full windshield. But I think I am gonna fab up a top section for winter

·
Registered
242 Posts
Anyone know how to get the sticker off?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't tried yet but normally a hair dryer to heat the sticker and a straight blade razor to scrape it off. Goo be Gone is good adhesive remover if you have residue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
First thing I did was remove the majority of the warning labels also with a heat gun. I think it saved about 7 pounds of unsprung weight.
It's quite amazing how much the factory windshield deflects the wind when in the folded down position, but if you are over 6' maybe not so well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.