Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have the Warn ProVantage 3500 from the Yamaha catalog and Yamaha mount. It was pretty easy to install. No word in how it works, because I haven't needed it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Warner 3500 Winch with Winching Accessory Kit

·
Registered
367 Posts
Superwinch terra 4500 and kfi winch plate. My winch was 350 bucks including the plate. Yamaha set ups are well over 700 for a lesser winch

·
Registered
46 Posts
Superwinch Terra 45's frt and back

·
Banned
420 Posts
Viper max 4000 wide spool

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I am running the Warn Provantage 3500 from Yamaha, along with their mounting plate kit. Together they were $500, plus it helped me get an extended 5 year warranty on my Wolverine, so it was worth it to me. If they weren't running that promotion, I likely would have gotten a Badlands from HF, or a Terra as the other fellas have gotten.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Badland 5000lb. With KFI mount both were $250 I know there from harbor freight but I had there 10,000lb on a jeep and the 3500lb on my last bike no problems.
I pick up the Badland 5000lb winch today, had a 20% off coupon. Less then $160 OTD. How did the KFI mount work? Any tips on the install?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Badlands 3500 with KFI mount, able to slide winch and mount in without removing the bumper. 20% off coupon at Harbor Freight and the mount was $43 purchased at Amazon. Had the mount in 2 days with free shipping.

We have had good luck so far with a Harbor Freight winch on our Grizzly.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Badlands 3500 with KFI mount, able to slide winch and mount in without removing the bumper. 20% off coupon at Harbor Freight and the mount was $43 purchased at Amazon. Had the mount in 2 days with free shipping.

We have had good luck so far with a Harbor Freight winch on our Grizzly.
This is good to hear. I have been reading a lot of good information lately about their recent updates to the Badland series of winches. A few years ago the 12000lb winch won a shootout in one of the 4wd magazines as best bang for the buck. Somewhere on here someone posted a teardown video, which I haven't watched all of, but started anyway. Shows how far the quality has come for chinese "junk". It sucks to buy chinese, but in this economy, most of us don't have a choice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I found this mount for the Wolvy Yamaha Wolverine SxS Winch Mount (101075). On another site it says for 3500lb. Just want to be sure it will work for 5k winch before ordering.

bossofthastix88 Where did you mount the solenoid and switches. Any pictures you care to post would be appreciated.

I am not an extreme rider. I may never use the winch. I see it as insurance. I paid cash for Wolvy and every accessory. I didn't get to this point without being tight fisted with my spending.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found this mount for the Wolvy Yamaha Wolverine SxS Winch Mount (101075). On another site it says for 3500lb. Just want to be sure it will work for 5k winch before ordering.

bossofthastix88 Where did you mount the solenoid and switches. Any pictures you care to post would be appreciated.

I am not an extreme rider. I may never use the winch. I see it as insurance. I paid cash for Wolvy and every accessory. I didn't get to this point without being tight fisted with my spending.
The KFI site shows the mount is compatible with BADLAND : 5000lb #68144 / 5000lb #61384 (Requires drilling of two holes) This mount is available on Amazon for $43 with free shipping.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hockey1966 Thank for the help. It took me a bit to understand what you were saying. I will order the mount tonight along with 1/2dozen oil filters.

bossofthastix88 Thank You I am a hand on kind of guy. Pictures are always a great help.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts