Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The 3 seconds is just to pair it. After that no delay. Blue tooth so it doesn't matter if you're phone has a signal or not. Plus you can monitor your battery and load stress that you are putting on your winch 馃憤 View attachment 105303
So with bluetooth then anybody else can pair with it then. Could be a really nice feature. Does it have a security code for pairing?

Registered
2022 Rmax sport
So with bluetooth then anybody else can pair with it then. Could be a really nice feature. Does it have a security code for pairing?
You have to download the app witch took me about 30 seconds free after that when using it go to app pair it to winch about 5 seconds and go no delay and can be used with any bluetooth phone
Light Product Amber Automotive lighting Cable

Registered
The 3 seconds is just to pair it. After that no delay. Blue tooth so it doesn't matter if you're phone has a signal or not. Plus you can monitor your battery and load stress that you are putting on your winch View attachment 105303
When I was looking awhile back the description was unclear. It said you had to hold button for 3 seconds to activate the winch as a safety mechanism. I don鈥檛 think it was a Bluetooth model. I had no interest in that either because I鈥檓 not trying to hold my phone and use a touch screen while plowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2022 Rmax sport
When I was looking awhile back the description was unclear. It said you had to hold button for 3 seconds to activate the winch as a safety mechanism. I don鈥檛 think it was a Bluetooth model. I had no interest in that either because I鈥檓 not trying to hold my phone and use a touch screen while plowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't do much plowing where I live I would assume while plowing you would just be using the rocker switch inside . When hooking or unlocking you could use a plugin or wireless remote to ones choosing 馃憤

Registered
If you dont have a warn axon you would need this one . Never used one of these but have herd works just as good . I have the other one because I have the warn 4500s View attachment 105330
I went with this type WARN remote too. Easy install after I spoke with a WARN rep that sent me a diagram specific to the RMAX because not all wires are used. You can either use this or the rocker switch on the dash

Registered
2022 Rmax sport
I have the Warn remote with the phone app. It works well. I always have my phone so no searching for the remote.
One remote to play with all
Plant Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Kitchen appliance
the toys 馃榿馃憤 make sure you aren't overdrawing your battery (3 indicators) over stressing the winch and I can talk on it 馃槀prestart my truck one controller not haveing to look for several ! App one controller 馃槣 run my boat trolling moter,,, one controller.

Registered
2019 Wolverine X2 R Spec SE
This is generic in nature so thought ok for this forum. I have now got a 2021 CA Commander XT-P that came with a OEM Warn 4500 winch. It has a simple rocker switch on left side of the steering wheel for control. I have always had a remote on my other winches and used it frequently for rolling up the winch line by myself as well as a couple times on the trail it was needed. So there is a brp kit for a wired manual remote that you can buy with the socket and a hand control, and it is about $100. So I researched a little bit and found on eBay, a bunch of wireless winch remotes for $15- $20. Obviously, they are not all that complicated and easy to carry a spare battery for the control. So is there some experience here, of a wireless remote that anyone has installed and used, that they would share?
Warn makes a Bluetooth adapter for winch. Connects right to the switch inside the sxs.

Tells you load the winch is pulling when in operation. I highly recommend

Registered
Ditto on the Warn Bluetooth adapter and app. I have been using it while winching trees out of the woods around our cabin. Works great.

Registered
Don't know for sure but would think a person that uses a iPad could do the same if it has bluetooth witch most do.
LOL. There aren鈥檛 many trees where I鈥檓 at. I use a land anchor that requires winching in while holding it upright to drive it into the ground. After that the dash switch works great. 馃ゴ

Registered
2022 Rmax sport
LOL. There aren鈥檛 many trees where I鈥檓 at. I use a land anchor that requires winching in while holding it upright to drive it into the ground. After that the dash switch works great. 馃ゴ
Now that's different. I think l would still use the wireless remote with that . Wouldn't want that flying back at my face馃槺

Registered
I have seen a few posts over the last year with folks having good luck with the phone app remotes. Massive? I am going to get the Warn which is about $100. I don't want the phone app one in case I lose or forget my phone.
If you have the Warn 4500 installed on the RMAX don't you have a dash-mounted rocker switch ? My Wifes LTE came with a Rocker and I just wired the Warn Universal Hub Receiver with great results!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts