Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine good and stuck when out riding Saturday and in the process of getting it out I wound too much cable on one end of the drum and wrecked the cable. Lost about 10ft of it so I'll have to replace the whole thing. My question is anyone got any experience with using the synthetic rope? Since I'm redoing it anyways thinking about switching over, but have always only used steel cable on them.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I got mine good and stuck when out riding Saturday and in the process of getting it out I wound too much cable on one end of the drum and wrecked the cable. Lost about 10ft of it so I'll have to replace the whole thing. My question is anyone got any experience with using the synthetic rope? Since I'm redoing it anyways thinking about switching over, but have always only used steel cable on them.
Switch, you'll never look back. It's safer, works better to me. We've broken 2 wire cables on the ranger 900, the synthetic rope is still kicking. Everyone with the exception of one person I ride with uses the synthetic rope.

It's safer and easier on your hands. It weighs less. It doesn't have the rip your head off energy like a cable if it breaks. You can repair a broken synthetic rope and not lose much length, and I'm sure there are more positives.

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Switch, you'll never look back. It's safer, works better to me. We've broken 2 wire cables on the ranger 900, the synthetic rope I'd still kicking. Everyone with the exception of one person I ride with uses the synthetic rope.

It's safer and easier on your hands. It weighs less. It doesn't have the rip your head off energy like a cable if it breaks. You can repair a broken synthetic rope and not lose much length, and I'm sure there are more positives.
You convinced me just ordered one. Always thought about it and it just seems to be a better option

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know what the bolt spacing on the warn 3500 winch fairlead so I get rid of the roller fairlead and get a hawse one. Dont have my machine at the house and cant seem to find it online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts