Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would make sure the center caps and lug nuts fit a Viking/Wolverine, the lug pattern is right and will fit no problem on the wheel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
575 Posts
I want 12" wheels. I also want 2+5 offset in the rear to add a little more width and stability.

Did your center caps fit ok?
Yes they did fit, keep in mind that if you go much wider offset than I have the bumper/deflector in front of the rear tire will serve no purpose.

At 60.5in wide factory along with the slight increase of width from the offset I'm running, add to that wider tires is plenty stable without pushing the wheels out that far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they did fit, keep in mind that if you go much wider offset than I have the bumper/deflector in front of the rear tire will serve no purpose.

At 60.5in wide factory along with the slight increase of width from the offset I'm running, add to that wider tires is plenty stable without pushing the wheels out that far.
With those wheels you increased the front offset but slightly decreased the rear offset.

With a 5+2 in the front I will slightly increase the offset. You don't want to increase the front much as it is hard on the front end components and makes them prone to damage.

The 2+5 in the rear will add a couple inches of offset to help stability. I took mine out yesterday and it is not as stable as my Rhino.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
575 Posts
I can't think of a reason why one wheel would be for IRS and another would be for a straight axle. That makes no sense to me. Do you know why?
Something to do with the offset because of the straight axle I guess. Most places specify straight or irs

·
Registered
575 Posts
With those wheels you increased the front offset but slightly decreased the rear offset.

With a 5+2 in the front I will slightly increase the offset. You don't want to increase the front much as it is hard on the front end components and makes them prone to damage.

The 2+5 in the rear will add a couple inches of offset to help stability. I took mine out yesterday and it is not as stable as my Rhino.
My rear tires are 12in wide, so with the wheels keep the actually tire close to factory width, when compared to the outside of the vehicle. I do get what you are saying though.
I guess it depends on your location and riding style. I've used that rear wheel deflector more than thought..lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My rear tires are 12in wide, so with the wheels keep the actually tire close to factory width, when compared to the outside of the vehicle. I do get what you are saying though.
I guess it depends on your location and riding style. I've used that rear wheel deflector more than thought..lol
Yes. You are correct. I notice you ride in the mud. Perfect set up for that. I'm in So Cal. I never ride in the mud. Mostly trails. Thank you for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts