Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,455 Posts
It maybe at tougher sell here at the price. Other models are pretty much upgradeable saving you a lot of money by not paying for options you don't need.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So I heard back from Yamaha Canada.....

No LE. Currently what you see on the site with no plans for other models, is what I was told.

I also asked if there will be any demo rides as Yamaha usually travels the country every year.

No to that too, due to Covid 19. Which is pretty sad as I watched a vid on utube a couple days ago where there were 13 RMax's on a test ride in Tennessee. Has to be significantly safer anywhere in Canada then any place in the US.

Oh well...

I sent a message to Yamaha Canada and asked them..

Will let you know if/when they respond.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I assumed the AdvPro is with the SE in Canada. Can't see why not.

Local dealer apparently has a Rmax in stock and I plan to check it out tomorrow. As crazy a price as these machines are in Canada, be crazier if they didn't include that.

Give Yamaha a year and they will bring the LE model up in some fashion. Wonder if the Adventure pro is even available in Canada?

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,455 Posts
Ok let us know what you find and see. Few have actually laid eyes on them at all.
Photos of key areas EG Rear sway bar setup might be of interest to many. Under the Hood is always a Winner!!! LOL

Costs nothing to look. Just keep your hands in your pocket the rest of time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok let us know what you find and see. Few have actually laid eyes on them at all.
Photos of key areas EG Rear sway bar setup might be of interest to many. Under the Hood is always a Winner!!! LOL

Costs nothing to look. Just keep your hands in your pocket the rest of time.
I thought the RMAX only came with a front sway bar?

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,455 Posts
At the dealer now. No AdvPro
Protest to the dealer to contact Yamaha. Reduce price if they cannot supply and/or cancel order.
Are we 2nd class citizens treated differently.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So I contacted Yamaha Canada and I suggest we all contact them or the dealers.. I'll voice my discontent with the dealers as I'm in further contact with them. (there's a few Yamaha dealers kicking around here).
Yamaha Canada has that tablet listed today at 1491 bucks. No way should a model that's supposed to have this, show up without it. And then expect to add 1500 bucks on top of a 27k machine.
Maybe thats why they call it the SE, which makes no sense either.

Protest to the dealer to contact Yamaha. Reduce price if they cannot supply and/or cancel order.
Are we 2nd class citizens treated differently.

·
Registered
62 Posts
just curious for some of you northern brethren, how much would it cost for you to drive across the border, purchase over here, and then bring it back with you? I've never done such a thing, so i'm unsure of what type of taxes or fees would need to be paid for that. Just trying to help you guys find a different option?

·
Registered
207 Posts
So I've done this many times with motorcycles, boats, trailers, and rv's. It's a fairly straight forward process for Japan vehicles (motorcycles, atvs, SxS) that are the same machine in both countries.

The problem with doing that today is the exchange rate. It's at around .75, and really needs to be in the low/mid 80s for it to reasonably work out for the buyer.
All my cross border purchases were between 09 and 2014, and there was a time our dollar was 1.10. For instance, I bought an FJR in northern Mich for 3400, rode it for the summer and sold it for 7200 in Oct.

The AvdPro is about 1k US, which today is about 1350 Can, so one could possible hunt one down and save 50 bucks, maybe.

So the exchange really kills off the cross border shopping opportunity.

just curious for some of you northern brethren, how much would it cost for you to drive across the border, purchase over here, and then bring it back with you? I've never done such a thing, so i'm unsure of what type of taxes or fees would need to be paid for that. Just trying to help you guys find a different option?

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah i forgot about the exchange rate. had hopes of finding a loop hole for you guys because those prices and lack of options are kinda crummy :(

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Reactions: Maggot
1 - 20 of 65 Posts