Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was out for a ride a couple of weeks ago I came across a bull moose. He was on the trail just in front of me. By the time I got my camera out he went behind some bushes. I got a good picture anyway.
The second picture was taken the beginning of April 4 years ago. Both pictures were taken just outside Algonquin Park in Ontario.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I’ve seen maybe 20 or so in my life. Not something you see every day.

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

· Registered
1,109 Posts
We were fortunate to see 4 moose and two black bear in our Maine trip, no pics though.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We saw 5 moose and several caribou on a trip to Newfoundland last year. Love to see wildlife.

· Banned
2017 Wolverine SE
5,022 Posts
Oh wow, Excellent shots. I figure if the bull moose is not concerned he might think of having as stern talk with you and the wolverine.... happened before especially with a family...LOL

I saw a small doe and 2 fawns. But they boggied into the bushes before I couldn't get a photo. 708's not good at sneaking up (unless the engine is not running0

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

We were out for a ride on Saturday and came across another moose. We stopped for lunch on a lake and we could hear something in the water. Went to investigate and saw this moose heading for deeper water to go for a swim.

· Registered
Bitterroot Valley, Montana, USA
168 Posts
This herd crossed in front of me today while I was on my way to a neighbor. They were a lot closer, but by the time I got my phone out this is the best I could get.
Mountain Ecoregion Sky Land lot Grass

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great picture. Wildlife and beautiful scenery!

· Registered
168 Posts
Great picture. Wildlife and beautiful scenery!
Thanks. I get to look at these views every day. That photo was taken about 300 yards from my house.
This attached one was taken from my front porch.
Water Ecoregion Mountain Natural landscape Tree

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You’re very fortunate to live in a place like that.
I had an opportunity to visit Montana a few years ago. I saw lots of beautiful scenery like that and lots of wildlife.

· Registered
168 Posts
You’re very fortunate to live in a place like that.
I had an opportunity to visit Montana a few years ago. I saw lots of beautiful scenery like that and lots of wildlife.
I agree, this is a beautiful state. We bought this place after I retired and this one is my forever home.
Sky Cloud Snow Mountain Nature

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It would be hard to beat. A beautiful retirement home.

· Registered
168 Posts
The herd is back for breakfast.
Sky Ecoregion Tree Plant Fence

· Banned
2017 Wolverine SE
5,022 Posts
This week on my trail. Some of you have seen this guy before a few years ago I think. Was on the trail I stopped, got out to take these.

Attachments

· Registered
2021 Canned Ham Maverick Sport Max 1000r
908 Posts
This week on my trail. Some of you have seen this guy before a few years ago I think. Was on the trail I stopped, got out to take these.
someone's pet who escaped? lol that is not a normal wild hog lol.

awesome photos guys. I've only seen a handful of whitetail deer on our adventures. Including almost hitting one on our quad doing 40mph! It happened so dang fast that i didn't even have a chance to see if it had horns or not. We were in a large group ride and our friends behind us told me it was a doe. I told them "i darn near pooped myself", and our friend's wife responded with "i almost pooped myself for you!" Missed hitting it head on by inches.

another time i picked up a baby snapping turtle along the trail. brought it back to camp and showed everyone, and then brought it back and let it go in the water near where i found it.

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

· Banned
2017 Wolverine SE
5,022 Posts
A few run free (wild at this wellnest place), two little ones I took pic of last year. Posted in general pic section. Its was bigger than I remembered it this time. Don't think I'd want to hit it accidentally either.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts