Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Looking for advice on the width of an enclosed trailer to transport my Wolverine X2 …. Would a 7ft wide by 14ft be ok … I am new to the site and find all the information really helpful - thank you ..

·
Registered
18 Posts
The minimum for a utility trailer with side rails and back gate/ramp is 5.5' wide x 10' long. A flatbed should have more room in case your tie-downs are a little loose and it moves. For an enclosed you will want room to get out and in and tie it down, so 7' would be tight but manageable if you are flexible. The X2 is going to be 62 to 64 wide depending on tires. If it is in the middle then you will have about 10 inches on each side to walk. I think 14 length is fine.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
8.5 wide for an enclosed. You'll thank me later. I would go minimum of 16 ft long. You don't need that length but you will more room to balance and load extras. 6" to a foot of extra height future proofs the trailer.

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine X2 SE
32 Posts
I have a 7 x 12 single axle and the X2 fits in no problem, I just keep it snug to the wall on the right so I can get out of the machine.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
A persons form factor would be fundemental in ones ability to get out and then back in to unload it. I don't know how you closed in owner are securing it to the floor. To me you have to get your body to the front as well with room to work. I am an open trailer believer but I don't store my machines in trailers as some of you do. But knowone has mention securing in them so I thought I'd bring it up for feed back and enlightenment!!

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine X2 SE
32 Posts
In my 7 x 12 I keep the machine to the right side and there's plenty of room to get out walk to the front tie it down and the same at the rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to all your replies ,,, very helpful. I have checked around and there is no stock anywhere either locally or in Atlantic Canada and pricing seems to be going up. Seems everything has to ordered. The dealer recommended the 7 1/2‘ wide ,, was an additional 347$ , based on the comments , I ordered a 7 1/2’ x 14 enclosed , the brand name is EZhauler. (8 - 10 weeks delivery - hopefully sooner)

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Likely the right move with the 7.5ft. When you'e crammed in there the exta 6" will make a big difference inside.
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Likely the right move with the 7.5ft. When you'e crammed in there the exta 6" will make a big difference inside.
Enjoy!!
Thanks for the note ,,, now I have to wait for delivery, which seems to be the way of the future right now , but at least it is on ordeR.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Yeh, you can't push the walls out to manuver once inside thats it. You and the machine. I doubt you or anyone would want to stay in the machine while someone drives the trail to the site to unload. wouldn't be fun or a viable option. But I wonder if anyone got caught and had to do that. Oh my...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts