Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wolverine has been great fun so far since I purchased it this spring. Didn't think I would be doing so many upgrades so soon on it, but I have to admit I have as much fun wrenching on it as I do riding it. Started out with the Warn 3500 lb winch and the overfenders. Soon added the Yamaha rear grab bar/bumper. Next was a 14" LED bar on the front and some small LED light on the rear. Was having some problems with it running hot, which I guess is a result of the dust where we ride so ended up installing a trail tech water temp gauge. Ultimately ended up swapping out the stock radiator for the a TCP triple pass radiator, which I think is the biggest you can possibly squeeze in their without cutting things up. This winter I added Kenwood marine dash stereo with Pyle wake board speakers, a Hunterworks sheave kit, the Power commander and a tinted half windshield. Power commander seemed to help with keeping the machine from dying during cold weather starts. Just got a set of original 26" big horns a couple days ago but haven't had a chance to install them. Plan on running them on the trails this summer then putting the big horn 2.0's back on for fall and winter riding as that's mostly roads for me. Everything is pretty froze up here so haven't had a true test of the sheave and power commander this winter yet. About 1,100 miles on it so far and see a lot more fun in the future.

Next thing I'd like to add would be a set of half doors when someone comes out with something I like.

IMG_20160124_145111.jpg
IMG_20150718_231428560.jpg IMG_20151205_184458682.jpg IMG_20151213_090144598.jpg IMG_20151213_090205353.jpg IMG_20160211_181938253.jpg

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I'm looking at adding a trail tech temp gauge as well. Can you tell me what size hose sensor you ordered? Do you know what the recommended operating temp is for this motor?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice update! Lookin real nice..... If you ever make it a little further north in the State, send me a p.m. for a ride.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looking good Wi Rider. Can we see some more pics of your spare tire carrier? Maybe one with the tire off? Looks like a great design.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well have done a good amount of work since the last posts. Added an emp winch bumper, headlight upgrade (same as ducttapefreak), redone all the wiring with a bussmann box (that thing is great), emp a-arm guards, lighted whips, custom switch panel, made a front bash plate and a super ATV 2" lift.

What can I say I think I like working on it as much as riding it and well like the signature say....You can't​ put a price tag on fun!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
WI Rider,

Looks AWESOME! Now go ride and enjoy.

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Looks good! Keep the mods coming.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know I said I was done but I added a second battery, voltage gauge for that battery, HW fan because I figured after 3,200 miles it was better to change it before it failed, and some LEDs on the roof for dome lights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Far from stock
Former decked out 16 wolverine
970 Posts
You’ve got a nice setup there. I feel the same as you. Building it is just about as much fun as riding it. I like that 2nd battery setup. Is that the one from yamaha or did you build that kit?

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just made my own battery setup. A lot easier to customize that way

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well thought I was done but got sick of bead problems with big horns so I upgraded to 28x10x14 blackwater's on all 4 corners.

Tons better in the mud. Running 16gr weights with green spring and it seems to be handling it well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts