Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to make a homemade heater possibly with a computer fan. Any ideas or suggestions? Gets cold here in northern ND need some added heat but not break the bank

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
LOL that's a bit of a fire hazard don't you think?

OP: There have been some people doing the computer fan idea on rhinos I know, but I am not sure how well it would work on the wolverines because the engine heat is so far back. You could always hit up a junk yard anc grab a heater core(hope it isn't clogged) and rig up your own heating system for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
when I had my polaris midsize I rigged up a pipe and cowling and captured the heat from the exhaust pipe using a 12 volt 3'' fridge fan,with my wolverine I capture the heat from the rad by venting the consoll and a 150 watt windshield defroster for front windshield,but also have defender cab witch helps a lot.

·
Administrator
2,188 Posts
There's not a lot of pressure from the water pump, but there is with the oil. It gets a lot hotter than the water too (302°F). Use 4" Spal fans, not muffin fans from computers. Your engine will enjoy the extra cooling too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when I had my polaris midsize I rigged up a pipe and cowling and captured the heat from the exhaust pipe using a 12 volt 3'' fridge fan,with my wolverine I capture the heat from the rad by venting the consoll and a 150 watt windshield defroster for front windshield,but also have defender cab witch helps a lot.

Does the venting keep the cab pretty warm. I'm getting the soft cab. Like the vent idea

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used the summit universal car heater and vent kit. Had same kit installed on my rzr. Check out my youtube video and you can see how I installed the heater core and vents..

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Does the venting keep the cab pretty warm. I'm getting the soft cab. Like the vent idea
I made it through the winter with these vents and windshield defroster and seemed to keep it about 10-12 deg. cel warmer than outside temp,i also plugged the aiflow under the consoll with matting to get better flow through the vents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used the summit universal car heater and vent kit. Had same kit installed on my rzr. Check out my youtube video and you can see how I installed the heater core and vents..

Ordered the same setup as you but also got the defrost kit. Going to put the other vents on the consol so they can be turned towards the feet if needed. What size of fitting did you need? 1"-5/8"?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts