Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think for now I am just going to keep my SE Viking black wheels and buy some new 27x9x12 and 27x11x12 GBC Dirt Commanders. I am thinking I want to order either 1" or 1.5" spacers but I can't really find any that are the 12mm studs for a decent price. I think I am also just going to do a 1.5mm shim and a gold spring until I have a good feel for what I really want to do and make a wheel/tire/clutch change.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I'm not real familiar with metric sizes but I'm not convinced the studs are 12 mm. The guy that swapped my tires said the lug nuts took a bigger socket than most but he thought the studs were 10 mm. I'm gonna go buy a 12 mm nut and check it out.

That being said, the wolverine and Viking wheels have exact same part numbers so any spacer listed for a Viking should fit a wolverine.

·
Vendor
782 Posts
I am totally against wheel spacers, the best handling is a narrow vehicle, rear spacers make it push in a turn.

Spacers on the front, make the tires run in a arc not pivot in one spot

Front and rear both make the suspension work harder due to more leverage

makes ride height lower too, due to the same leverage

If you must do spacers only do rear for some added stability, no gain on the front I can see.

All coming from cross country racing experience

Todd

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no issues with the Viking wheels, it's just that they are inset so much in the front. Is there a difference in winning wheel spacers on stock wheels vs running aftermarket wheels. Don't they both move your tires out further.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Depends on wheel offset Todd. Wanting spacers because I'll be running some YXZ beadlock rims with a backsetting-ft-5.25,rear-6.50. That'll bring it back closer to stock specs, just got a 2" lift that may narrow it a hair also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.