Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at winches, what are you guys using? I was looking at a 4000lb Viper Elite anyone have any experience with Viper winches?

·
Banned
420 Posts
I have the viper 4000 widespool. Have had it about 5 years. I had it mounted on my rhino and switched over to the wolverine. No issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Have the Warn 3500 Pro Vantage from Yamaha. I've only used it about 100 times so far. Mostly pulling others out. Seems ever time we go out someone is stuck with no winch... what are they thinking. LOL

·
Banned
420 Posts
Just make sure you get one big enough to pull out the Popos and Canned hams. :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive got the warn provantage 3500 havent got the chance to use it much but so far it has worked fine. no extra battery.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have a Provantage 4500,have used it about a dozen times.Leave the machine running when winching,have not killed the oem battery yet.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Warn Provantage 4500s

I have heard of people having good luck with the viper winches but the xtreme, the viper, and the venom winches look awfully similar with the the only difference being the sticker on it.

I think the only difference in the 3 is the support you get is good from Viper. They also have some input on design/engineering.

Stick with WARN. Heard of them :)

Although, I would run a Viper winch no problem but with something as life saving as a winch, I didn't cheap out. Just like I didn't cheap out on a helmet :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Years ago ... we became a dealer for warn because in our world of trucks, quads, trailers,lifts and other random stuff it was smart to do because of purchasing power and doing so at "cost" . I am not here to say warn is now junk but what warn once was is not what warn is now. Atv winches and utv winches are no longer made by warn they are a Chinese winch made for warn. And no it does not hold up to warns old standards (not saying they suck just not what they once were) there marketing is more important to them now then there quality and once amazing customer support. They do weird things like sell mounts and wire and winches seperated convincing people they need to spend 2 to 3 times what other winches cost to have a "warn" when selling there winches we used to buy them at very low cost and determine the mark up on them against there msrp and now they have locked out there pricing making you sell it for xxxx then issuing you a return check for your profits. There lart truck winches are still great no issues there amarican made warn .. atv and utv winches I am sorry but I will never own another after consistently watching quality go down hill. I am not speaking from getting one bad apple and being pissed it is more like selling over 100 winches a year to atv club members and having to spend half he year dealing with returns and warranty ... I have become a large fan of super winch over the last year and a bit .. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
395 Posts
Years ago ... we became a dealer for warn because in our world of trucks, quads, trailers,lifts and other random stuff it was smart to do because of purchasing power and doing so at "cost" . I am not here to say warn is now junk but what warn once was is not what warn is now. Atv winches and utv winches are no longer made by warn they are a Chinese winch made for warn. And no it does not hold up to warns old standards (not saying they suck just not what they once were) there marketing is more important to them now then there quality and once amazing customer support. They do weird things like sell mounts and wire and winches seperated convincing people they need to spend 2 to 3 times what other winches cost to have a "warn" when selling there winches we used to buy them at very low cost and determine the mark up on them against there msrp and now they have locked out there pricing making you sell it for xxxx then issuing you a return check for your profits. There lart truck winches are still great no issues there amarican made warn .. atv and utv winches I am sorry but I will never own another after consistently watching quality go down hill. I am not speaking from getting one bad apple and being pissed it is more like selling over 100 winches a year to atv club members and having to spend half he year dealing with returns and warranty ... I have become a large fan of super winch over the last year and a bit .. just my 2 cents
I 100% agree but there is a huge difference between a company selling branded Chinese winches and a US winch company that makes some of its winches in China. You still have american engineering, quality control, accountability, reputation.

Like a chinese impact wrench from harbor freight vs a well known company with a factory in china.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Depends on what you're using the winch for. If it's just to get you out of an emergency situation, then pretty much anything on market with 3500lb limit. If you're mudding, then def get something heavier and more reliable. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts