Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have heard that a few have trickled out but we have not seen any LE's here in FL that I'm aware of. originally I was told mid-november and then they switched the date back to January! Wondering if there is an issue they are fixing or what is going on...anyone have info?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Dealer told me we'll see more of the 2 seater LE first and 4 seater last. Either way it's still taking awhile. I don't think there are any issues but it probably takes a little longer to assembly the LEs because of the electronic shocks and radio. If they are going down the same assembly line has the base and XTR, then their procedure probably needs to be tweaked some. I'm also wondering if they decided to crank out a few more base and XTRs before switch to the LE because of their popularity. I don't think Yamaha relized what a hit they were going to have.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard the FM radio reception is really bad and I wonder if that is the problem.. if they are holding them back to fix them or what... But really it's anyone's guess...seems like dealers all have a different story so not much one can do but sit and wait... And collect a pile of accessories! 😁

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
If that so they should be swapped out for a different unit. Claim on warranty if its not receiving station you can get on your Suv or Truck. A the price they're getting its got to receive and lock in Stereo mode holding it as well.

Edit: Even though many would not use FM but Bluetooth pairing for the tunes. If the manufacturer is building a FM tuner, charging for it. Then it has to work and be usable when needed. Heck, you might be in the bush and have to find out if Trump really lost or not with that being the only way to hear a broadcast!!! LOL

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's weird with what's going on. It must have to do with subs and parts availability.

The new X2/X4s are supposed to be on the floors now too. At the dealer yesterday and they have no idea when they'll get those. They got 7-8 RMax's in thus far.
They said they expect to get a continuous shipment throughout the winter but never know when. They wouldn't here from mother Yamaha for a few weeks and then they'll get a shipping notice that they'll get 2 in 3 days in whatever flavour they happen to put on the truck.
For the LEs, if they can't source enough radios, shocks or whatever or the manpower to install the electrical stuff, then here we are.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
They could have had some company make an antenna w/mount for these. Receiving antennas are cheap as bocsh!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a base RMAX2 and bought the factory radio kit and put it in myself. The antenna that came with it was just a wire that I ran along the inside of the firewall. I think it works fine. I live a good distance from the radio stations in our area and the reception is every bit as good as my cars and trucks.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
180 Posts
I thought about the stereo and considered the LE but ultimately I'm good with my paired Bluetooth speakers mounted on the dash and my phone for my music selection.
Everyone has their own opinions and what they prefer!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kremerps do you have any pictures of installing the door speakers? Or a copy of the install instructions you could share?
I just checked and I guess I threw the directions away. It was pretty simple on the speaker install. The inside of the door came off by removing the 5 Allen bolts and the plastic retaining push in fasteners. Had to wiggle it around the door handle but wasn't too bad. The speakers/enclosures bolted in with on factory bolt and 2 Torx bolts supplied in the kit. It says in the directions to remove the center console to install the stereo controls but I was able to fish the wire through without removing the console. Also, I didn't instal the Aux input. It is just a 3.5mm input that I would probably never use but if you wanted, you could also fish that up to the hood compartment without removing the console. I found this video which gave me a good idea of the install:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Than you, I want to build something on my own but curious how the SSV door speakers and boxes mounted.
I'd think you could certainly build something like it but the kit does fit very nice into the doors. I got mine from PartsPak for $658.79 including shipping. You could probably put better speakers in there than what comes with the kit but these should work for me. Compared to the overhead MTX soundbar that was on my General Deluxe, this has much more base and better overall sound.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The stereo picks up great on my LE, really don't use it though as I just use bluetooth from my phone.

·
Registered
810 Posts
SSV won't do it but here are the part numbers
Left Side Speaker Pod Assembly: Part #B4J-H8160-V0-00
Right Side Speaker Pod Assembly: Part #B4J-H8170-V0-00
Mounting Bolt: Part #9011906226. Quantity required: 6

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'll see what the dealer says next time I'm there. Not sure we're gonna have much luck. No prices next to any of the stereo stuff. Fookers.

Screenshot_2020-11-23-18-44-13.png

SSV won't do it but here are the part numbers
Left Side Speaker Pod Assembly: Part #B4J-H8160-V0-00
Right Side Speaker Pod Assembly: Part #B4J-H8170-V0-00
Mounting Bolt: Part #9011906226. Quantity required: 6

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking too but they also list them separately on the hard cab accessory so I think they will eventually be available but who knows when.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX2 1000 XTR
9 Posts
Apparently the issue is the antenna or lack thereof.
That's exactly what it is, I got the radio as a dealer installed option on my XT-R, I wasn't impressed at all with the FM reception. I had to buy a somewhat cheap Jensen FM antenna and mount it on the roof to get the radio to come in decently. Kind of BS for what they charge for a cheap setup. Live and learn I guess...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts