Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a 4-3 offset be wider on the machine then a 5-2??

·
Banned
420 Posts
I think the first number is the inside number. If I am correct 1" more on the 4-3.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yep first number is inside so you have 4 inches from the indie of the wheel to the mounting surface. That would mean a 4+3 would sit 2 inches (1 inch per side) wider at the wheels than a 5+2.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks guys. so whats everyone using and whats the factory offset?

·
Banned
420 Posts
Don't know the factory. Wish I did. I am adding 1" spacers all the way around. So if I replace my rims I will go with an offset that gives me 1" over stock on all 4 corners then get rid of spacers. Going too wide can put unneeded stress on the machine.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Spacers and larger offset wheels also affect your turning radious. I put 1" spacers on my 550 Grizzly to add stability, but noticed a larger turning radious also as a result. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My wheels are 14x7 with a 5+2 offset on all 4 corners. I think most people that have upgraded wheels are running the same setup. I haven't seen many people say they are using 4+3.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wheels are 14x7 with a 5+2 offset on all 4 corners. I think most people that have upgraded wheels are running the same setup. I haven't seen many people say they are using 4+3.
Hey, mimeeks3 can you post a pic of your ride from the back. Want to see if your tires are even front and rear. Trying to figure out the right offset to go with so the fronts aren't wider than the rears. Was thinking about going with 5+2 for front and 4+3 on rear. Wanting to see what 5+2 Looks like all the way around.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hey, mimeeks3 can you post a pic of your ride from the back. Want to see if your tires are even front and rear. Trying to figure out the right offset to go with so the fronts aren't wider than the rears. Was thinking about going with 5+2 for front and 4+3 on rear. Wanting to see what 5+2 Looks like all the way around.
I can't get it to where I can get a good pic right now, but I have measured and its 64 inches front and rear. If I remember right it's a little wider (less than 1/4") in the rear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't get it to where I can get a good pic right now, but I have measured and its 64 inches front and rear. If I remember right it's a little wider (less than 1/4") in the rear.
Ok, thanks for the info.Gonna keep searching and see what i can come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts