Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 X4 - Super ATV windshield- UTVMA bump seat-
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to tell the wife I want for the Wolverine, does anyone have any cool accessories they want for Christmas? Or just something cool in general that they are wanting?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've always liked a "Colt" Christmas. That would help with interior protection! Lol
Steve

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
429 Posts
So that's the question I had to ask myself as well and was planning to at least see one before I committed. Have yet to see a 2021 X2. I put a lot of thought into it, and with the Rmax being better in every way, I had to do it.

Imagine this.. You're out on a nice trail with friends. You stop for a break and walk away from the vehicle, and you look back. What machine do you want to be looking at?

If you bought an RMax, a few yrs from now would you have regrets of not buying the X2. Or if you got an X2, would you wish you got the RMax.

There's a limited x2 at my local dealer. Should I get it or pay 5g more for the base max?

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,844 Posts
From what I have read. The Rmax is the best in the snese its all done for 99% of owners. Only minor cosmetic add-ons needed over time. Few options not on the base model could be fitted from after market or do/make it yourself to fill some need. Out of the box they're doing everything short of the D switch capability which should be on every machine out of the box. Its like getting an SUV and the transmission only working for highway driving but no good getting out your driveway in the winter. Because there is no 1st or 2nd gear. LOL (best analogy I could think of).

·
Registered
28 Posts
The x2 at the dealership is a 2020. So I feel if I did choose it over the 2021 rmax I'd be settling for yesterday's machine. It may not keep my attention for very long either.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,844 Posts
Yes, it will be a really big difference. 2021 X2 had many improvements. Best to go with the RMAX as its certainly is a far better machine if you going trail riding especially.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well mostly used to work around home. Pulling manure wagon out through mud to dump in pasture. But occasionally doing laps out there. I need something to scare the shit out of me and challenge me.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,844 Posts
Towing rating and frame is much higher on the RM|AX. Shit can be heavy and hauling through mud strenuous!! RMAX clutch is far far better if you've read about the dust inhibiting the earlier X2 & X4 machine. You wouldn't want to be fixing it once a week to tow your load.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
180 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts