Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

What was your OTD price?

97K views 179 replies 109 participants last post by  Dave in VA 
#1 · (Edited)
When I was doing my dealer research, I was trying to compare prices. Almost all the dealers wouldn't give prices over the phone, and if they did, it was the full MSR retail price. Finally, I came across a craigslist add where a dealer was advertising a Blue 16' R-Spec EPS for under $12,500. I called the advertising dealer and the salesman said I could get the camo for $500 more. That was the best deal I could find, so I got all his info. I wanted camo because I didn't want to worry about scratches or branch rub marks showing. I do a fair amount of hunting and riding in the woods. I guess it is a Yamaha policy not to advertise the prices on a current year model. My purpose of this tread is to give the buyers some bargaining power, and get an idea if you got a fair price on a new machine. I brought in the craigslist advertisement, and basically told my local dealer that this is the unit I wanted. If you want me to make my purchase locally, I would like you to match this other dealer's price. I have no problem driving a few hundred miles to save over a grand. When it was all said and done, I paid $13,000 for the Realtree Camo R-Spec Eps, $942.56 (7.25%) sales tax, and $110 for vehicle registration. So my total OTD price was $14052.56
I also received 15% off all the accessories. I was trying to find the promo that others mentioned about getting a 3yr extended warranty with the purchase of accessories. I think that promo has ended, or it must have been a dealership incentive.

They tried to get me to pay extra for setup and freight, but I stuck to the other dealers OTD price. If you want to see what the wolverine looks like when Yamaha delivers them off the semi:

The dealer assembles the roll cage and sunshade, that's it! They also do a final inspection before passing it to the purchaser. Happy Trails everyone, this is a pic of the new ride.

The trailer is a Triton AUT 1272 model with the upgraded aluminum wheels, gravel/rock guard, and rear bi-fold gate. It's 72 inches wide and fits this machine perfectly.

See less See more
#7 ·
Triton's are really really nice and light weight trailers. Although, they are kind of pricey. I was looking at a 24' Triton enclosed and a few options was around 18k. ouchy Well, I chose to get a 1000lb heavier trailer for 10k less. But if you need lightweight those are some of the best.

#10 ·
Found a Wolverine r-spec in Alabama for 11,389 no fees. Just have to pay sales tax when I get it back to my home state, probably around $1000 additional I'm guessing, so it would be 12,399 OTD give or take plus 640mi round trip to pick it up. No other dealer I've found close is much less than 13,800 OTD.

How can this one dealer be 1000 cheaper than everyone else? I specifically asked - if I show up with a check/cash for $11,389, are there any additional fees, and he said no, I'd be able to load up and be on my way.

Thoughts? Think he may be holding something back?

#11 · (Edited)
That is for the one without power steering, correct?

You may want to give Abernathy's in Union City, TN a phone call. Abernathy's Cycle | Motorcycle and ATV Dealership | Polaris Slingshot Dealer | Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri Areas They advertise their selling price online and when I looked just now at their price for the Wolverine R-spec they are selling it for $11,199. On their Home page scrolling add banner, when it scrolls to the Wolverine there is an advertising balloon that says, "Receive $1,000 in Yamaha Wolverine Accessories for FREE". May be worth a phone call for you.

#13 ·
I got mine for about 12,600 out the door (non eps then I bought windshield and fender flares at the same time) from a dealer in Pennsboro, WV.

#15 ·
Hi all,

Newbie here looking to jump from 13 Grizzly 550 EPS to a Wolverine R-SPEC.

Hey Pettis,

I am from Houston also. I just spoke with Faben who is willing to sell a 16 Green EPS for $13395 OTD 2 hours ago from Tejas Motorsports. How could you have a cheaper deal with wheels and tire package for less? Was there any miles on the clock when you got it? Any help would be appreciate for a R-spec rider. :D

#16 · (Edited)
That's the guy I got mine from as well. It had 4 hrs on the clock already as well as 11 miles. Shoot me your number and I will text you some pics of mine with the tires and wheels package. Hell, they even covered my down payment for me and just added it to my payment. Super easy guys to work with. Tell FJ I told you to call him. Maybe he will give you a discount!! Who knows..

#21 ·
#23 ·
Just pulled the trigger today. Will be a week or so before I have a day off to pick it up. I bought the White EPS SE model with wind deflector, fender flares and 4 year extended warranty + 6% sales tax for 14600 OTD.

#25 ·
It will be converted from a Wolverine to a SPARTAN BTW!

#26 ·
I did the same thing, but gave it a different name.

#28 ·
Yup.....it was a great game. Now go beat them rodents in AA.

Spartan Will!

#31 ·
Don't know what site you're looking at, but I'm seeing all the same prices.

#40 · (Edited)
Some may or may not be doing this, so I'll post it as a suggestion.

Since this forum is worldwide and since State Sales Tax varies from state to state and some states have: 0%, some 3%, some 6%, some 9%, and some individuals qualify to be tax exempt for sales tax on OHVs; it would be helpful to those of us reading for everyone to post OTD prices, before Sales Tax and say it is before sales tax.

This way those of us in one state can accurately compare our prices to individuals in other states. Thank You.

Reactions: Bobbed06
#42 ·
It's really hard comparing state to state. Businesses have different costs of doing business based on where they are located. I'd have to save quite a bit to stray from my local dealer. I feel pretty confident he would go to bat for me if the need arose.

#43 ·
Wish I lived around some of those other dealers. I talked to a few in my local area and all but one wouldnt budge off MSRP of $12.2 and $13.2 for models with and without EPS. I got mine for $11.6 purchase price (non EPS) and when I picked it up the salesman showed my their invoice for the machine and they had $11.1 in it.

#44 ·
did not pay as low as some. but not as much as others. i have known the dealer for 30 years. bought many things from him. the sales man did not move off retail. the owner that i know gave me a good deal as far as i am concerned. everyone needs to make a living. its the back up support from the dealer that really counts.

Reactions: MORSNO
#47 · (Edited)
I reckon my sale price before taxes has to be estimated to deduct the winch & folding windshield.

Wolverine Camo R-Spec, non-eps + Full Windshield + 4000lb Winch.

Based on the Sales ticket, before Taxes & Reg. $12,500.

After deducting $400 for the windshield & $350 for winch - before tax & fees is approximately $11,750 price tag.

For the total package, again it was $12,500 before taxes & registration, etc.

$13,831.25 OTD

The reason for the 12,500 package price is that I shopped around regionally, found the lowest price, and then shopped locally (within 2hrs of home). Told them the price I could get it for at 3 different places (each 5 hours away). Also told them, I'd love to do business locally, however, I'd go out of state if they couldn't match the price.

No one would touch the price except the fella's in Ball, Louisiana. Everyone was $1,000-$2,000 higher (without including windshield & winch) and wouldn't budge.

BTW I used the OP's advice in order to get this deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.