Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I was doing my dealer research, I was trying to compare prices. Almost all the dealers wouldn't give prices over the phone, and if they did, it was the full MSR retail price. Finally, I came across a craigslist add where a dealer was advertising a Blue 16' R-Spec EPS for under $12,500. I called the advertising dealer and the salesman said I could get the camo for $500 more. That was the best deal I could find, so I got all his info. I wanted camo because I didn't want to worry about scratches or branch rub marks showing. I do a fair amount of hunting and riding in the woods. I guess it is a Yamaha policy not to advertise the prices on a current year model. My purpose of this tread is to give the buyers some bargaining power, and get an idea if you got a fair price on a new machine. I brought in the craigslist advertisement, and basically told my local dealer that this is the unit I wanted. If you want me to make my purchase locally, I would like you to match this other dealer's price. I have no problem driving a few hundred miles to save over a grand. When it was all said and done, I paid $13,000 for the Realtree Camo R-Spec Eps, $942.56 (7.25%) sales tax, and $110 for vehicle registration. So my total OTD price was $14052.56
I also received 15% off all the accessories. I was trying to find the promo that others mentioned about getting a 3yr extended warranty with the purchase of accessories. I think that promo has ended, or it must have been a dealership incentive.

They tried to get me to pay extra for setup and freight, but I stuck to the other dealers OTD price. If you want to see what the wolverine looks like when Yamaha delivers them off the semi:

The dealer assembles the roll cage and sunshade, that's it! They also do a final inspection before passing it to the purchaser. Happy Trails everyone, this is a pic of the new ride.

The trailer is a Triton AUT 1272 model with the upgraded aluminum wheels, gravel/rock guard, and rear bi-fold gate. It's 72 inches wide and fits this machine perfectly.

·
Registered
367 Posts
In BC canada i was $16,500 out the door after tax and fees. '16 Hunter Green R-Spec Eps. And for you U.S guys that is $12,500 usd out the door

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I was doing my dealer research, I was trying to compare prices. Almost all the dealers wouldn't give prices over the phone, and if they did, it was the full MSR retail price. Finally, I came across a craigslist add where a dealer was advertising a Blue 16' R-Spec EPS for under $12,500. I called the advertising dealer and the salesman said I could get the camo for $500 more. That was the best deal I could find, so I got all his info. I wanted camo because I didn't want to worry about scratches or branch rub marks showing. I do a fair amount of hunting and riding in the woods. I guess it is a Yamaha policy not to advertise the prices on a current year model. My purpose of this tread is to give the buyers some bargaining power, and get an idea if you got a fair price on a new machine. I brought in the craigslist advertisement, and basically told my local dealer that this is the unit I wanted. If you want me to make my purchase locally, I would like you to match this other dealer's price. I have no problem driving a few hundred miles to save over a grand. When it was all said and done, I paid $13,000 for the Realtree Camo R-Spec Eps, $942.56 (7.25%) sales tax, and $110 for vehicle registration. So my total OTD price was $14052.56
I also received 15% off all the accessories. I was trying to find the promo that others mentioned about getting a 3yr extended warranty with the purchase of accessories. I think that promo has ended, or it must have been a dealership incentive.

They tried to get me to pay extra for setup and freight, but I stuck to the other dealers OTD price. If you want to see what the wolverine looks like when Yamaha delivers them off the semi:

The dealer assembles the roll cage and sunshade, that's it! They also do a final inspection before passing it to the purchaser. Happy Trails everyone, this is a pic of the new ride.

The trailer is a Triton AUT 1272 model with the upgraded aluminum wheels, gravel/rock guard, and rear bi-fold gate. It's 72 inches wide and fits this machine perfectly.
How much for trailer?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Triton's are really really nice and light weight trailers. Although, they are kind of pricey. I was looking at a 24' Triton enclosed and a few options was around 18k. ouchy Well, I chose to get a 1000lb heavier trailer for 10k less. But if you need lightweight those are some of the best.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Found a Wolverine r-spec in Alabama for 11,389 no fees. Just have to pay sales tax when I get it back to my home state, probably around $1000 additional I'm guessing, so it would be 12,399 OTD give or take plus 640mi round trip to pick it up. No other dealer I've found close is much less than 13,800 OTD.

How can this one dealer be 1000 cheaper than everyone else? I specifically asked - if I show up with a check/cash for $11,389, are there any additional fees, and he said no, I'd be able to load up and be on my way.

Thoughts? Think he may be holding something back?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Found a Wolverine r-spec in Alabama for 11,389 no fees. Just have to pay sales tax when I get it back to my home state, probably around $1000 additional I'm guessing, so it would be 12,399 OTD give or take plus 640mi round trip to pick it up. No other dealer I've found close is much less than 13,800 OTD.

How can this one dealer be 1000 cheaper than everyone else? I specifically asked - if I show up with a check/cash for $11,389, are there any additional fees, and he said no, I'd be able to load up and be on my way.

That is for the one without power steering, correct?

You may want to give Abernathy's in Union City, TN a phone call. Abernathy's Cycle | Motorcycle and ATV Dealership | Polaris Slingshot Dealer | Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri Areas They advertise their selling price online and when I looked just now at their price for the Wolverine R-spec they are selling it for $11,199. On their Home page scrolling add banner, when it scrolls to the Wolverine there is an advertising balloon that says, "Receive $1,000 in Yamaha Wolverine Accessories for FREE". May be worth a phone call for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, that is for the non-power steering model, but includes camo & the fender flares in the "package".

I see Abernathy has some pretty good prices as well. Thank you for sharing that.

That is for the one without power steering, correct?

You may want to give Abernathy's in Union City, TN a phone call. Abernathy's Cycle | Motorcycle and ATV Dealership | Polaris Slingshot Dealer | Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri Areas They advertise their selling price online and when I looked just now at their price for the Wolverine R-spec they are selling it for $11,199. On their Home page scrolling add banner, when it scrolls to the Wolverine there is an advertising balloon that says, "Receive $1,000 in Yamaha Wolverine Accessories for FREE". May be worth a phone call for you.

·
Registered
718 Posts

I got mine for about 12,600 out the door (non eps then I bought windshield and fender flares at the same time) from a dealer in Pennsboro, WV.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got my '16, green, eps, with aftermarket tires and wheels..OTD (taxes and all) $13,200...Highlands Texas (Tejas Motorsports)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

Newbie here looking to jump from 13 Grizzly 550 EPS to a Wolverine R-SPEC.

Hey Pettis,

I am from Houston also. I just spoke with Faben who is willing to sell a 16 Green EPS for $13395 OTD 2 hours ago from Tejas Motorsports. How could you have a cheaper deal with wheels and tire package for less? Was there any miles on the clock when you got it? Any help would be appreciate for a R-spec rider. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all,

Newbie here looking to jump from 13 Grizzly 550 EPS to a Wolverine R-SPEC.

Hey Pettis,

I am from Houston also. I just spoke with Faben who is willing to sell a 16 Green EPS for $13395 OTD 2 hours ago from Tejas Motorsports. How could you have a cheaper deal with wheels and tire package for less? Was there any miles on the clock when you got it? Any help would be appreciate for a R-spec rider. :D

That's the guy I got mine from as well. It had 4 hrs on the clock already as well as 11 miles. Shoot me your number and I will text you some pics of mine with the tires and wheels package. Hell, they even covered my down payment for me and just added it to my payment. Super easy guys to work with. Tell FJ I told you to call him. Maybe he will give you a discount!! Who knows..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in PA I just ordered my 16 blue wolverine non EPS R-spec it was $11,600.00 OTD including 6% sales tax dealer fees and title and registration stuff. The machine itself he gave me for $10,0040.00

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh also yamaha has a coupon for a free 18 month Y.E.S plan. So I bought a plow and winch mount to get the extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts