Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I'll go against most everyone on this. Steel frame, wood deck, spring suspensions and tandem axle. Simple, easy to repair anywhere, less issues.

·
Registered
294 Posts
This 7’x14’ utility trailer with E-Track wheel chocks for tire bonnets. Nice and roomy too.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX4 LE
117 Posts
The chunky 4 about maxed my previous single axle trailers payload. So, I picked up a bigger 7x16 trailer from Legend with tandem axles. I miss being able to easily move the little trailer around by hand…but the extra room on this one for either the dirt bike and tons of gear is nice.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 100 XT-R 2
3 Posts
So my RMAX is on its way for it's first service and I don't like how it fits on the dump trailer. I've towed it short distance with my old firewood trailer, but that is a 20 year-old homemade trailer. Thankfully it gave me an excuse to buy a 10K equipment trailer, I've been looking for a reason to buy one. It's 1" to wide for my good utility trailer and I don't like how it fits in the dump, so the only answer is to buy a new equipment trailer. I

P.S. The dealer delivered it, View attachment 95530
I bought a 7' x 14' dual axle.
Trailer & RMAX.jpg

·
Premium Member
Awaiting on a 2021 Wolverine x2 R SPEC
25 Posts
The chunky 4 about maxed my previous single axle trailers payload. So, I picked up a bigger 7x16 trailer from Legend with tandem axles. I miss being able to easily move the little trailer around by hand…but the extra room on this one for either the dirt bike and tons of gear is nice.
View attachment 95584
What's the weight for the x4?

·
Registered
2021 X4 XTR 850
9 Posts
Until I decide which trailer to get for my 2021 X4 XTR I use this: U-Haul Equipment specifications: 6' x 12' Utility Trailer
I only tow a few times per year so this is fine. The tailgate drops low enough to drive on but I support it with jack stands and use car ramps to load just to be safe. UHaul’s 6x12 with ramp won’t work as ramp is only 48” wide. The UHauls are tandem axle and very well built. They tow nice too. Picture the day I picked it up. 3605F6EC-576C-46E0-8DBD-6053F170D63E.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX4 LE
117 Posts
What's the weight for the x4?
RMAX4 LE is claimed 2060lb wet weight, without accessories. Windshield was 40lbs, and I've added skids, rock rails, bumper, butyl insulation throughout the tunnel, speakers, lights, etc...so I'm guessing that I'm tipping the scales closer to 2300-2350ish. My single axle trailer was an Aluma 6810 with a weight rating of 2200lb for cargo (previous machine was a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 that was about 1800lb).

But, most my drives are 12hr + to/from mid-Michigan from the Omaha, Nebraska area. The extra room for my cargo capacity, and extra axle/tires bring a little peace of mind.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Until I decide which trailer to get for my 2021 X4 XTR I use this: U-Haul Equipment specifications: 6' x 12' Utility Trailer
I only tow a few times per year so this is fine. The tailgate drops low enough to drive on but I support it with jack stands and use car ramps to load just to be safe. UHaul’s 6x12 with ramp won’t work as ramp is only 48” wide.
Funny story about the Uhaul 6x12. When I picked up my Gen 1 in 2016, I didn't have any trailers. Loaded the Grizzly in the back of the truck and hooked up the camper. Gave my car hauler to my brother to haul hay.
My wife says, "no need to buy a trailer just to pick up the Wolverine". Made sense at the time. So, Uhaul had a trailer that seemed to fit the bill. Drove 6 hours with the trailer to the dealer. Dealer came to get me and said, 'can't drive it on, opening is not wide enought. DOH! Well, they could load it with a fork lift. And they did.
Got it home and me and the wife sat in the Wolverine, on the trailer, listening to the SSV radio and sipping on adult beverages.
I didn't get much sleep that night trying to figure out how I was going to get it off the trailer. I envisioned all kinds of solutions from stacking wood, driving into truck, removing trailer, backing off, etc.
20210213_173531.jpg

I finally remembered my old flight simulator days when we would have to move a simulator. We called riggers. Looked up rigging companies and there was one less than 10 miles from my house. Drove over and they strapped the Wolverine up, carefully, lifted it straight up, I drove out from under it and to Uhaul, and then to a trailer store. Back to the rigging company to get my Wolverine the proper way. :) Ah...good times. Needless to say, I was better prepared when I picked up the Rmax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went and bought an Aluma 8112 SR; got it back in March before the big rush, even though I did not have an RMAX4 yet (had on order). This is the day I picked it up.

Kind of wish I found a 14' with surge brakes, but this works. It's all aluminum and has removable sides, and a heavy duty ramp.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 X4 XTR 850
9 Posts
Funny story about the Uhaul 6x12. When I picked up my Gen 1 in 2016, I didn't have any trailers. Loaded the Grizzly in the back of the truck and hooked up the camper. Gave my car hauler to my brother to haul hay.
My wife says, "no need to buy a trailer just to pick up the Wolverine". Made sense at the time. So, Uhaul had a trailer that seemed to fit the bill. Drove 6 hours with the trailer to the dealer. Dealer came to get me and said, 'can't drive it on, opening is not wide enought. DOH! Well, they could load it with a fork lift. And they did.
Got it home and me and the wife sat in the Wolverine, on the trailer, listening to the SSV radio and sipping on adult beverages.
I didn't get much sleep that night trying to figure out how I was going to get it off the trailer. I envisioned all kinds of solutions from stacking wood, driving into truck, removing trailer, backing off, etc. View attachment 95597
I finally remembered my old flight simulator days when we would have to move a simulator. We called riggers. Looked up rigging companies and there was one less than 10 miles from my house. Drove over and they strapped the Wolverine up, carefully, lifted it straight up, I drove out from under it and to Uhaul, and then to a trailer store. Back to the rigging company to get my Wolverine the proper way. :) Ah...good times. Needless to say, I was better prepared when I picked up the Rmax.
Great UHaul story!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I went and bought an Aluma 8112 SR; got it back in March before the big rush, even though I did not have an RMAX4 yet (had on order). This is the day I picked it up.

Kind of wish I found a 14' with surge brakes, but this works. It's all aluminum and has removable sides, and a heavy duty ramp.
Prices have gone up but you can still add electric brakes for less than $200 bucks on Amazon if your have the right axle flange. Brakes make a big difference you will like.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I'll go against most everyone on this. Steel frame, wood deck, spring suspensions and tandem axle. Simple, easy to repair anywhere, less issues.
I bought a used race car trailer and put tires and wheel bearings on it. It looks like crap so I don’t have to worry too much about it. It tows very good. It’s a little heavy though.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
6'4"X12' Carry On trailer.

Reactions: Hahny and Rod12056

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got lucky and found a custom built Diamond C 7X14 tandem with electric brakes, dovetail and slide out ramps. Local guy had it built for his tractor and ended up selling it for what I would say was a very reasonable price. Laid down e-track, and with my Mac's Tire straps, she is loaded and strapped in under 5 minutes.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts