Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my RMAX is on its way for it's first service and I don't like how it fits on the dump trailer. I've towed it short distance with my old firewood trailer, but that is a 20 year-old homemade trailer. Thankfully it gave me an excuse to buy a 10K equipment trailer, I've been looking for a reason to buy one. It's 1" to wide for my good utility trailer and I don't like how it fits in the dump, so the only answer is to buy a new equipment trailer. I

P.S. The dealer delivered it,
20210608_191555.jpg

·
Registered
554 Posts
For my X2, I use a 20+ year old Big Tex 35S 6x10’ single axle utility trailer with ramp. It’s been beat to heck and still going. Just enough room in the back for a cooler and 5 gallon gas can.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 SE
92 Posts
I ended up looking at lots of different potential trailers. I ended up buying a Rmax 4. They are fairly heavy. So I ended up going with a dual axel 7x14. I was on the fence and was looking at a single axel 5k trailer but I personally find that the double axel trailers pull nicer. Here's a picture of it loaded up before I got tire bonnets for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Doubles will and a good bet if the price is right compared to a Single axle. Many I see used and around here appear to have the axle to far back. We'd want to part right to the front with wheels against the rail putting too much weight on the receiver. Many of you here appear to have HD trucks 250's and such which will take it. But getting a better weight balance over the trailers axles is what normally wanted. Double axles trailers typically are setup such that it does take the bulk of the load. Flat tire worries are eliminated as well.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
When I bought my 2020 x4 I purchased a 7x14 single axle Echo. It was very light but in my opinion not very well made. I knew that the new Rmax would not fit that trailer (width) so I found a new 8x16 tandem axle. $3800. This trailer is 2000 lbs compare to the older one at 1000lb. I was worried I would regret the extra weight. Let me say that the new trailer pulls way better. I have a Ram 1/2 ton 5.7 litre. The engine is plenty strong to pull and the trailer brakes make all the difference. Every ride I go on requires driving up thousand of feet in elevation and the new trailer is well worth it.

·
Registered
2021 X2 RSPEC 850
72 Posts
I was looking at a tilt bed but couldn't pass up the deal on this 7x16 tandem PJ at <$3K. The only thing I didn't like about it was the made in china tires, but they'll be replaced. If buying new, I'd recommend a channel frame with a wrapped tongue. Fold down tailgate is a nice option. And you won't regret buying more trailer than you think you need.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Sure looks like you got plenty of trailer there in many ways!!!

Reactions: Hahny

·
Registered
941 Posts
I got the Aluma 15’ utility tilt , single torsion axle. $3200. The best trailer I have ever had! Rides the load better than springs

Reactions: Paul65 and Hahny

·
Registered
266 Posts
24' x8.5 wide equipment trailer for 3 and a fourwheeler or a 12' x 6.5 wide utility trailer for one. Planning on getting a 16' or 18' car trailer with my brother next.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I do have access to a 7x18 utility and 8x22 low boy between my dad and brother but I hate borrowing their trailers unless we are pulling more than one ride. I like my 12' for yard work but a 14' tandem would ease my mind when going on farther trips.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
64 Posts
I do have access to a 7x18 utility and 8x22 low boy between my dad and brother but I hate borrowing their trailers unless we are pulling more than one ride. I like my 12' for yard work but a 14' tandem would ease my mind when going on farther trips.
Agree! Not going cross country with any single axel and 2k pounds.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the Aluma 7800. I like the wood deck because i beat the crap out of it with dirt, wood etc and i bolted a versa tract to it to haul motorcycles. I also made my own front shield attached to the versa track. I really like the trailer.

7800ESW - Wood Deck Utility Trailer

·
Registered
232 Posts

have the Aluma 6812. It will be a tight squeeze width wise but should have a couple inches to spare. I bought it new for my RSpec. Hopefully it it works for the Rmax….

·
Premium Member
Awaiting on a 2021 Wolverine x2 R SPEC
25 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts