Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a loss as to what to do for a light bar on my roof for plowing. Yamaha light is to expensive, I do want something that will mount to a clamp vs just mounting to the roof. I wanted to try do do a 15 - 25in bar in the middle similar to the Yamaha set up and really like some of the Sylvania lights w/ lifetime warranty but again it would just mount to the plastic. Since it will be on the roof I would like to look at the slim or single row bars to help protect against trees and such.

I read that a 50 in light bar would mount to each side of the cage... has anyone does this? if so what mounts do you use and did you need exactly a 50 in light bar?? I see 50's, 51's, 52's and so on.

Anyone recommend a bar and clamp that they have used to mount to the roof? I have the Yamaha full windshield so it has to go up on the roof.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Note that this 20" lightbar was purchased on Amazon with a separate wiring/switch kit for less than $100. The quality of construction appears to be good but it has only been installed for a couple of months. The lightbar was mounted through the plastic roof with large flat washers and rubber gaskets. The single hole drilled for the wire was a tight fit that should not leak.

·
Registered
393 Posts
On my X2 I had a 50" bar, I can't remember where I got those mounts...everything was absolutely solid, no movement at all at night.

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any vibration issue going through the double layer plastic without a solid anchor? I have the full windshield so thinking that would help keep it snug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts