Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a loss as to what to do for a light bar on my roof for plowing. Yamaha light is to expensive, I do want something that will mount to a clamp vs just mounting to the roof. I wanted to try do do a 15 - 25in bar in the middle similar to the Yamaha set up and really like some of the Sylvania lights w/ lifetime warranty but again it would just mount to the plastic. Since it will be on the roof I would like to look at the slim or single row bars to help protect against trees and such.

I read that a 50 in light bar would mount to each side of the cage... has anyone does this? if so what mounts do you use and did you need exactly a 50 in light bar?? I see 50's, 51's, 52's and so on.

Anyone recommend a bar and clamp that they have used to mount to the roof? I have the Yamaha full windshield so it has to go up on the roof.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Note that this 20" lightbar was purchased on Amazon with a separate wiring/switch kit for less than $100. The quality of construction appears to be good but it has only been installed for a couple of months. The lightbar was mounted through the plastic roof with large flat washers and rubber gaskets. The single hole drilled for the wire was a tight fit that should not leak.

·
Registered
507 Posts
On my X2 I had a 50" bar, I can't remember where I got those mounts...everything was absolutely solid, no movement at all at night.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any vibration issue going through the double layer plastic without a solid anchor? I have the full windshield so thinking that would help keep it snug.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any vibration issue going through the double layer plastic without a solid anchor? I have the full windshield so thinking that would help keep it snug.
Was this question directed to me. My light bar is mounted only through the roof but I used large washers with rubber gaskets to spread the load. The light bar being a single row 20" is not very heavy and I have not noticed any undue vibration when going over rough ground at night. What may help is that where it is mounted is not far from when the roof clamps to the roll bar so it is a fairly stiff supported location.

·
Registered
2020 X2 XT-R 850
98 Posts
I went with a 17" light bar from Amazon and couldn't be happier, great light for the price. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WE47ARQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_xB7UFb3PV0PZN
I mounted it to the roll cage with some tube clamps.
View attachment 89972
....off topic...tell me about your tires and wheels?...Are the rears offset slightly like the factory? (I want to keep the factory offsets)...and what diameter are those tires...and where did you get that setup. Very nice!
I'm looking for a street tire setup like that.
Randy

·
Registered
4 Posts
....off topic...tell me about your tires and wheels?...Are the rears offset slightly like the factory? (I want to keep the factory offsets)...and what diameter are those tires...and where did you get that setup. Very nice!
I'm looking for a street tire setup like that.
Randy
Tires are 215/75R15 Crosswind M/T 27" tall 6 ply truck tires on 15X8 wheels at 12-20 psi depending on terrain. This is a square set up and can be rotated. I have 1.5" spacers on the rears. I had a similar wheel on my Teryx but had more expensive BFG mud terrains. Truck tires really don't show much wear so I went with a less expensive tire this time. I prefer truck tires over atv tires, way more durable and seem just as good if not better in most conditions other then sand dunes.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finished the install of a 22in Road Shock from Harbor Freight last night that I picked up as part of their Black Friday sale. Impressed with the build quality for sure as I was skeptical but really feels solid. Mounted it to the roll cage drilled through the roof with a stack of washers as a spacer so it's solid.

Time will tell how it holds up but the install went very well and everything seems very solid. Tested it last night and WOW is it bright!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finished the install of a 22in Road Shock from Harbor Freight...
I picked up the 52" today with a 20% coupon for $159. The 52" comes with the wiring kit and relay set which is nice. I grabbed a set of blazer 2" mounts from our local fleet farm and it mounted up perfectly with the super atv windshield.
IMG_20201227_173649_01.jpg
IMG_20201227_172159_01.jpg
IMG_20201227_172159_02.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts