Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

What is your average speed?

5K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  MORSNO 
#1 ·
I just looked at mine and I'm at 938 miles with 46.5 hours so average just over 20 mph. Probably about 1.5 hours was bleeding cooling system and whatnot but I think a 20 mph average is pretty good considering very few of those miles are down the road.

I think if you look at average speed you can kinda tell what type of riding people do and how hard a machine is rode.

#6 ·
Hehe, I'm actually low man on the totem poll. Coming in about 7mph average. I do a lot of work around my land though and don't bother turning it off to hop out to fix a fence. Or my wife uses it to come pester me when I'm out on the tractor. LOL. I'm sure the sport will have a much higher speed since we won't be using it around the homestead.

That's the awesome thing about the Wolverine. It's just a useful at home as it is out recreational riding.

#8 ·
I'm a little over 13 MPH on mine.

#9 ·
1370 miles in 67 hours, about 22 miles per hour! Second oil change and third air filter cleaning next week. Up until last weekend most of our rides have been in dusty conditions.

My buddy used my wolverine last weekend for a club trail ride and he is used to riding/driving their 1000 RZR Fox Edition. His comparative analysis, good power and suspension is a little more spongy than his machine but comfortable.

#12 ·
2322 miles 220.1 hours. 10.5 mph. 0 problems

#15 ·
6 MPH for this old guy.

Reactions: MORSNO
#16 ·
8 mph for me

#17 ·
This thread had me wondering because I hear so many guys unhappy with the top speed of the Wolverine and I rarely go faster than 25mph on any of my rides. I had one ride this summer where I was basically on a gravel road and could go faster, but now I know about the transmission whine many talk about, and appreciate my slow rides.

My average came out to 8.7 mph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.