Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get more ground clearance on my X2, I want to keep my stock tires for now. I am looking at getting the high lifter 3.5 and was wondering exactly how many extra inches clearance will it get me. Heard that you do not get the advertised 3.5 inches. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have kicked this around for few weeks and cant seem to make a decision but this doesnt help. See link below.

https://www.wolverineforums.com/forum/272-x2-x4-suspension/28130-update-top-shock-brackets.html

“Jumped it 10 feet...”

Enough said.

As much as I think suspension lifts are a terrible idea on these machines, I feel like the bracket lift would add strength to the frame and not weaken it.

If going with a 3.5” lift, I’d definitely carry front and rear spare axles and learn to swap them on the trail.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Didnt know he did that, yea if that creates excessive wear then its not worth it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Didnt know he did that, yea if that creates excessive wear then its not worth it.
There’s a video of his jump....pretty damn impressive! Lol...I’m not surprised he bend something after watching it!

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,084 Posts
“Jumped it 10 feet...” Enough said.

As much as I think suspension lifts are a terrible idea on these machines, I feel like the bracket lift would add strength to the frame and not weaken it.

If going with a 3.5” lift, I’d definitely carry front and rear spare axles and learn to swap them on the trail.
The Highlifter kit moves the shocks out more, which massively increases the stress imposed on the frame. A better-engineered lift kit would move the shocks out linearly, not move the shock uppers outwards.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I want to get more ground clearance on my X2, I want to keep my stock tires for now. I am looking at getting the high lifter 3.5 and was wondering exactly how many extra inches clearance will it get me. Heard that you do not get the advertised 3.5 inches. Thanks for the information.
From what my research indicated, them calling it a 3.5” is somewhat of a misnomer. It relocates the shock 3.5” , but only adds about 2 inches of lift. Not false advertising, but not clear either. I’d say either 2” SATV spring spacers (cheaper route) or upgrade shocks to WE, bandits, etc (better, but way more $$)..... or portals ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) lmao

·
Registered
523 Posts
“Jumped it 10 feet...” Enough said.

The Highlifter kit moves the shocks out more, which massively increases the stress imposed on the frame. A better-engineered lift kit would move the shocks out linearly, not move the shock uppers outwards.
I didn’t know that. I was looking at them online and the pictures were limited to three or four. That would definitely create a twisting effect on the frame for sure.

From what my research indicated, them calling it a 3.5” is somewhat of a misnomer. It relocates the shock 3.5” , but only adds about 2 inches of lift. Not false advertising, but not clear either. I’d say either 2” SATV spring spacers (cheaper route) or upgrade shocks to WE, bandits, etc (better, but way more $$)..... or portals ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) lmao
Portals keep your axles level. But then you have a weak point at the end. But given the price, they can probably handle some decent abuse.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I didn’t know that. I was looking at them online and the pictures were limited to three or four. That would definitely create a twisting effect on the frame for sure.

Portals keep your axles level. But then you have a weak point at the end. But given the price, they can probably handle some decent abuse.
I’ve seen people beat the hell out of portals, if you’re good with changing the oil, you’ll be fine from what everyone says....my biggest issue is the sticker shock (or more accurately, my WIFE’s biggest issue is the sticker shock lmao)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts