Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states. This is to contrast our other thread, What don't you like about the Wolverine?

I will start..

• Size, I don't have any desire for a 50" machine. This size suits my style of trail riding perfectly.
  • Suspension, AMAZING for a trail bike. Period.
  • CVT, It's a Yamaha-Nuff Said.
  • 4WD with Diff-Lock, unfortunately some companies still don't offer this...I'm looking at you Po-Po's!
  • Power Steering, effortlessly smooth, without feeling disconnected.
  • Seats, while not adjustable, the part you sit in is way more comfortable than the likes of several other manufacturers I have tested.
  • Looks, I live the aggressive styling, and like that it doesn't look like a brick.
  • No Cab Heat!!! At All!!! Amazing!
  • Center console offers good and convenient storage.
  • Spin on oil filter!

I'm sure there are some little things I am just not thinking of right now , I will add later. Please contribute, maybe this thread and it's nemesis can become stickied, so people visiting the forum can have a good pros-cons list to make a purchasing decision.

·
Registered
32 Posts
LOL There are 74 posts on what you DON'T like about your Wolverine but none on this thread. Someone has to have something good to say about them after all it is a Yamaha! lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Again I agree with all of the above. Here's a few more.
Large gas tank for long rides
see everything while driving
accessories
absolute joy to ride ALL day long

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Not to get off subject, but in normal trail riding, how many miles are you getting out of a tank of gas?

·
Registered
160 Posts
no complaints.. pretty good on gas... best ride (stock) on the market right now...EPS is best also ... plenty of power for me (i hear some complain about lack of... why did u buy one in the first place? go get a f#$%!ng polaris or can am and see how reliable it'll be in the long run, sure its faster, that means a quicker trip back and forth to dealer with issues) ... love my wolverine... i weighed the pros & cons BEFORE i bought it... not after...lol

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
It's almost effortless to zip around some very rough trails. Spent the past weekend at Carolina Adventure World with some of the toughest trails around and had no problems at all. The large speed bump hills on the service trails were more like an excuse to gun it to get some air :D Smooth smooth ride. I hit some nasty stuff and kept waiting for the teeth crunch. None, nodda.. just cushion. Also, it's like riding on rails with none of that tippy feel, just connected. Words don't do it justice it has to be experienced.

The droop from the suspension with full skid plate.. Hit some large ruts.. obvious many 30+ inch tires was used to make them. This is going up hill in a turn that I bottomed out but the wheels stayed connected and pulled right along. Again, this suspension truly is one of the best out there.

The bed capacity is nice too. No worries trying to find an ice chest small enough to fit.

Don't care what anyone says.. but those seats are damn nice and comfortable. Only ones that I've seen don't like them have never sat in them.

Visibility is nice, on tight trails I could see what my tires could possibly hit and avoided.

Full locking diff.. just no other substitution for it.

Assembled in Georgia!

Not a Polaris!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Everything I have loved about Yamaha for a long time is one this machine. The best EPS IMO, the best CVT IMO, and 4x4 with Diff lock. When you use all 3 of them you are connected to the machine. Bonus's are the full length skids, awesome suspension, and awesome power (for trail riding) comfy cab, large fuel tank, and great looks. There is never going to be a perfect machine especially when you are as picky as me, but this thing is close especially for what i'll use it for. Hopefully it lives up to Yamaha's known reliability standards and it will be in my garage for a long time. I hope more accessories come out and people build them up to be some bad to the bone Wolverines. Oh and my first ATV was Yamahas Wolverine 350, so naturally this name made me want the machine more than others haha.

·
Registered
211 Posts
PapaSkeeta i never run her below half a tank, having said that, I recently got about 70 miles on half tank. :p
That is good news blueeyes and thanks for the post. The wife and I are going up to New Hampshire in the next couple weeks to ride. There are 1000's of miles of trails and I bought a rotopax can but was not sure if I should buy a second. If your getting that type of mileage we should be good to go.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Rides super smoothe. EPS makes driving it effortless. You can steer it with the gas pedal at high speeds in turns. Air filter easy to get to and easy to clean. Spin on oil filter. Seats comfy. Diff Lock. Plenty of power. Looks cool. Plenty of storage glove box, center console, cubby hole under the speedometer and its big. I looked at all brand side by sides for a whiiiile and went with this'n and glad I did. Also, the low and high range are nice. Suspension and the eps though are what i like the most. You dont get wore out from driving this thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm the same as of a lot of you on here with all your comments. Had a Teryx before and was no shortage of up grades done to it and I can say I'm very happy with my purchase. It was Kawie country around where I live, it was a great buggy that never let me down Japan. I have taken my brother and buddy for good rips in it and they both were amazed on the suspension, comfort and handling compared to their teryx's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Easy to work on compared to a can am, way better quality too. Rides super nice, and comfortable. Yamaha reliability!

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to hear all the positive things guys! Hopefully this information can help a prospective buyer in the future.

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Suspension rides unbelievable, heat inside the cab is nonexistent, eps is great, has a more functional bed than a rzr

·
Registered
388 Posts
another thing that sold me on the yamaha instead of can am or polaris was that yamahas seem to hold the title for being dependable and durable. just the thought of having something that was not dependable kept me from buying a can am or polaris. now i don't have experience with can am or polaris just hundreds of hours reading about them haha so maybe that counts for something however i have had experience with yamaha some and i have seen a four wheeler yamaha makes absolutely abused and never had maintenance on it just had gas put in it and that thing ran and ran. i was a honda man but the pioneer 700 just looked boring to me so i couldn't do that but honda yes they got durability going for them. but for me at this point in time the wolverine was the best choice and i haven't thought twice about it. i entertained the teryx idea shortly but it felt like a tank and i drove one at the dealer and it just wasn't as smooth feeling to me so i had to get the ole wolverine and am glad i did. hope this isn't to far off the subject with my comparisons and all.

·
Registered
395 Posts
another thing that sold me on the yamaha instead of can am or polaris was that yamahas seem to hold the title for being dependable and durable. just the thought of having something that was not dependable kept me from buying a can am or polaris. now i don't have experience with can am or polaris just hundreds of hours reading about them haha so maybe that counts for something however i have had experience with yamaha some and i have seen a four wheeler yamaha makes absolutely abused and never had maintenance on it just had gas put in it and that thing ran and ran. i was a honda man but the pioneer 700 just looked boring to me so i couldn't do that but honda yes they got durability going for them. but for me at this point in time the wolverine was the best choice and i haven't thought twice about it. i entertained the teryx idea shortly but it felt like a tank and i drove one at the dealer and it just wasn't as smooth feeling to me so i had to get the ole wolverine and am glad i did. hope this isn't to far off the subject with my comparisons and all.
CanAms are very good machines but I fear that they are getting too complicated in their race with Polaris for the baddest machine.

Yamahas Ultramatic is fantastic.

When I ride Hatfield McCoy, most of the locals have Rhinos and they seem to be really solid. My good friend has a Rhino with over 10,000 miles. All he had done is tires and we replaced a broken wheel bearing.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts