Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a box to put in the back of the machine (not the yamaha one) and was wondering what really are the essentials? I know a tow strap is a must and probably a small first aid kit would be a good idea. As far as tools or whatever else what you guys think? Maybe some screw drivers and a small wrench set?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Tow strap, ratchet strap, food, water, toilet paper, towels (box is my towel warmer), tree saver, gloves, folding shovel, few tools, tire plugs (small air compressor). That's about it since we are never very far from civilization.

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tow strap, ratchet strap, food, water, toilet paper, towels (box is my towel warmer), tree saver, gloves, folding shovel, few tools, tire plugs (small air compressor). That's about it since we are never very far from civilization.
Never thought of plugs and a small compressor but i bet that would be a life saver thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
The folding shovel actually came in handy to dig down to find the winch. LOL I'm sure the warm towels is nice when your cold and wet. Just been so hot here it's nice to hit the water.

Saturday we had a few steaks cut up into strips in a Tupperware container. Took it out of the ice chest and put it in the box before riding. The steak was nice and warm when we ate it that afternoon, haha.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I usually have a 12 pack of my drink of choice that day, machete, chainsaw, tow strap, snatch block, bug spray, tool kit, TP, and my dog. Thats my normal setup.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Flashlight, bug spray, first aid kit, compressor, plug kit, gloves, hat, knife, strap, rope, wife and dog extra fuel for the RZR 170 and 500 H.O. I rarely have to put extra fuel in the wolverine unless i'm going on a over night ride.

·
Registered
575 Posts
We typically don't ride mountain trails :(

So for us it's normally a tow strap, ice chest with various drinks. When I get to go on some longer excursions I'll revise to list to include much more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Epic,

I can fit (3) 5 gallon cans of gas in the bed forward of the Yamaha box. Know that I have the accessory bar with the double gun bar/ gun boots. It takes up a lot of head room and its hard to get anything with any height to fit.

·
Registered
718 Posts
For those with the yamaha box can you still fit a decent size ice chest in the bed?
I don't have the box, but the cooler I carry with me will hold 24 cans of whatever you want and its well forward of that middle slot in the bed where the front of the Yamaha box slides in.

Reactions: BigBuck

·
Registered
72 Posts
For those with the yamaha box can you still fit a decent size ice chest in the bed?
Yes you can EpicWolverine. You have to take out the tailgate though. I put a normal size ice chest with a 24 pack and 6 waters with 20lbs of ice.

Reactions: EpicWolverine

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do a lot of riding in Baja MX and it is probably a bit different than most when it comes to needs, but here is what I keep in my box:

full set of 3/8" metric sockets and matching ratchet
full screwdriver set
full set of wrenches
full pliers set including electric crimpers
hack saw blade
vise grips
pry bar
cv-boot clamps and clamp tool
2 lighters
2 flashlights(with spare batteries)
electrical tape
duct tape
safety wire
zip ties
mini compressor
plug kit
SLIME tire sealant
spare switch
wire
misc electrical connectors
pancho
large u-bolt with strap and nuts
misc common nuts and bolts...

I am sure I am forgetting a lot, but that is the majority of it.

Oh ya, and an icechest as well. LOL

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
160 Posts
one thing I take, especially on a long run, and in dusty conditions are facial wipes and eye drops. Man after driving 10-12 hrs, my eyes are literally like sand. lol and yes, even with a visor, goggles, windshield... etc..

·
Registered
388 Posts
i dont do many long rides just putting around the deer camp working and what not... usually I'm toting a couple sacks of corn, .22 rifle, some dranks and a ice chest, bug spray, rubber straps, a good chain, my wife (sometimes), paper towel, TP,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts