Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

81 - 100 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX2 poly windshield front skid plat and a arm protectors rear brush guard and still stuff on
74 Posts
I got the rear bush guard installed today. Had to get my wife to hold up one side while I got a bolt started, these things are a trick to get the guard, spacer, and weld nut all lined up at the same time...everything moves! :mad:

View attachment 90692
Did yours come with hardware? Mine didnt and I can’t figure out where it bolts to. Am i right in thinking the larger hole on the bottom so you can get a socket through but what does it bolt to

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Very cool and nicely done! Wish I had the skill/knowledge to start wiring stuff...I am afraid I would burn something up
It's not too difficult on a 12v DC system. You have a positve and a ground. Most problems occur because of a bad ground. Ask a question on this forum and you sure to get some help.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes, mine came with the hardware.

If you look just outside where the pivot pins are on your bed you'll see angled frame brackets with two holes in them. There is an aluminum spacer that goes inside of those brackets and bolts go through that and there is a weld nut (two tapped holes on one plate) that goes on top.

I'll see if I can get a picture when I get home tonight.

Did yours come with hardware? Mine didnt and I can’t figure out where it bolts to. Am i right in thinking the larger hole on the bottom so you can get a socket through but what does it bolt to

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'll bring the instructions into the office tomorrow and scan/post them for ya. (y)

Did ya get the rear one as well my rear kne came in no instructions no hardware looking for help

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX2 poly windshield front skid plat and a arm protectors rear brush guard and still stuff on
74 Posts
Yes, mine came with the hardware.

If you look just outside where the pivot pins are on your bed you'll see angled frame brackets with two holes in them. There is an aluminum spacer that goes inside of those brackets and bolts go through that and there is a weld nut (two tapped holes on one plate) that goes on top.

I'll see if I can get a picture when I get home tonight.
Awesome thanks! i did find the hardware wrapped in enough bubble wrap to ship the mona lisa

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
My EMP glass windshield. 😊

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
721 Posts
It's not difficult, and I find it relaxing and kinda therapeutic. Being new machine, it's not rusty or dirty, and access is easy.

Can google the diagrams you need. How to wire a fuse block and relay. How to wire a 4-5-6 pin rocker switch.
Helps to have something reasonable to trim the wires. I'd say a crimper is a must.

Lots of vids on youtube.

Ask for help when needed.

Very cool and nicely done! Wish I had the skill/knowledge to start wiring stuff...I am afraid I would burn something up

·
Registered
2021 Rmax2 XTR
6 Posts
My front brush guard came in as well as the oem light bar. Installed the brush guard. Decent fit . The light bar I am not overly impressed with the wiring harness....looks to be constant hot to the switch and no relay. I will install once I fabricate a fuse/relay center. Anxious for front & rear glass windshields and my tracks!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
How was the i stall? They threw in a poly windshield when i bought mine but will get a glass one next
I woke up to a crap ton of snow today and my cover was pretty frozen. I probably wont be able to play with it until my next days off. By then things are hopefully defrosted a bit.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
970 Posts
Ordered the turnpro universal signal kit, with the horn, smoked amber lights, green rocker indicator switch and rocker hazard switch. Looked like a quality plug and play kit. They have other stuff too.

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
721 Posts
Let us know where you mount the lights.

Convenient to get as a package, but one could probably get all that for 25-30 bucks.

Ordered the turnpro universal signal kit, with the horn, smoked amber lights, green rocker indicator switch and rocker hazard switch. Looked like a quality plug and play kit. They have other stuff too.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
970 Posts
Let us know where you mount the lights.

Convenient to get as a package, but one could probably get all that for 25-30 bucks.
Yep, but for a plug and play harness and matching parts, my time and convenience is worth more than the cost of the kit vs building my own.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I woke up to a crap ton of snow today and my cover was pretty frozen. I probably wont be able to play with it until my next days off. By then things are hopefully defrosted a bit.
Bummer

·
Registered
148 Posts

Jimbo: please post pics when installed. Thx

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 160 Posts