Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A general thread for everybody to shout out about the new accessories they got for their RMAX.

Reactions: Thesquirrel

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Christmas came a week early today. HaHaHa. No, just super excited. After seeing Jareds latest video the other day I thought I'd shoot him a text when he said accessories were arriving. Got lucky out at Big Pine again. Figured if I was going to open up the dash again to do a light bar. I may as well install this gem while I was in there. Especially since I even came across one being Yamaha accessories are rare to get right now.

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine RMAX2 1000
159 Posts
Nice find I have been looking for Yamaha accessories and there all backorder or unavailable at the time. I want that radio system so much. I’ll give your $100 for it right now and I’ll throw in a shiny nickel and 2 dogs and 7 chickens and a goat.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice find I have been looking for Yamaha accessories and there all backorder or unavailable at the time. I want that radio system so much. I’ll give your $100 for it right now and I’ll throw in a shiny nickel and 2 dogs and 7 chickens and a goat.
Tempting. 😉 Tell me about it though. I think he actually said they got a few of them. You may want to call them up and double check. He's told me he's willing to ship things.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Christmas came a week early today. HaHaHa. No, just super excited. After seeing Jareds latest video the other day I thought I'd shoot him a text when he said accessories were arriving. Got lucky out at Big Pine again. Figured if I was going to open up the dash again to do a light bar. I may as well install this gem while I was in there. Especially since I even came across one being Yamaha accessories are rare to get right now. View attachment 90518 View attachment 90519 View attachment 90520 View attachment 90521

So how hard is the radio install is it something that I can do in the barn or do I need to take it to the dealership to install?? I like doing a lot of my own stuff to save money for more stuff I can add to my machine.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Tempting. 😉 Tell me about it though. I think he actually said they got a few of them. You may want to call them up and double check. He's told me he's willing to ship things.
Heck yea I’m calling them first thing in the morning!! Thanks for the info!! You should get a commission for it!!

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
997 Posts
Pretty straight forward and get to know your machine in the process...

And a vid.

So how hard is the radio install is it something that I can do in the barn or do I need to take it to the dealership to install?? I like doing a lot of my own stuff to save money for more stuff I can add to my machine.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice! I was just in YouTube grabbing the link to that vid myself. 👍👍👍

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did the install myself and it was pretty easy. The only thing that would be a pain is the Aux input. It's just an 1/8 mini stereo plug that would take a headphone output of a phone or iPod. I didn't even bother with it. Take the inside of the doors off for the speakers and the firewall off for access to the back side of the dash. Just need a wire hanger or another type of fishing wire to pull wires from head unit up to engine bay. You don't need to remove the center console at all. Here's another video of the install that has a little more info:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Thanks. I hope he still has some in stock tomorrow!!
How is the sound quality and the speaker under the seat still fit with the extra dual battery ?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya. I will definitely leave that aux. input off. Don't need it. I stopped using the 3.5mm jack type input years ago.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Ya. I will definitely leave that aux. input off. Don't need it. I stopped using the 3.5mm jack type input years ago.
I have them in my truck now and don’t use them. I would never use them in the side by side. Wish I could play videos or watch YouTube on the adventure screen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks. I hope he still has some in stock tomorrow!!
How is the sound quality and the speaker under the seat still fit with the extra dual battery ?
Sound is definitely better than the factory MTX sound bar in my General Deluxe but nowhere near a good car stereo. I only have the door speakers so maybe the sub would help. Pretty loud and has a little base in it. Will distort a little if you turn it all the way up. For the money you can probably find something that sounds better but you won't find anything that mounts better than this. At least not yet.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Just got the Bandit helper springs and the Ryco street legal kit today. Still waiting for the front skid plate(just ordered) and my replacement wiring harness for my Yamaha light bar that was faulty. Of course, the light bar wiring harness is on back-order and am hoping to see that by the end of this year. The rest was ordered and shipped(and scheduled to arrive) to my house in three days.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shit. It is Christmas early. LOL. I just opened my front door and UPS brought some more presents. I ordered a horn setup and a USB rocker insert. Looks like I got lots of wiring to look forward to.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts