Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week before thanksgiving, I was out cruising backroads with my dad and once the sun went down the ride got pretty chilly even with the full windshield so I decided to pull the trigger on a EMP rear window. I was out this past weekend in much colder temps then they were that day and all I can say is wow. I know I was also better dressed for cold conditions this time around, but the only time I felt any chilling wind on me was when I was going out a straight stretch between 2 large fields and caught a crosswind. I was running 40-50 mph down the road and was nice and comfortable. I know I probably won't do much cold weather riding, but for what little I may do that rear window was money well spent.

Reactions: atkbike and Flyer

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When warm weather hits, I take the top of my folding windshield off and will most likely pull the back one too. I knew it would make some difference on the warmth by not letting the air through the cab, but was surprised at just how well it kept the cold out running damn near full speed down a gravel road.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When warm weather hits, I take the top of my folding windshield off and will most likely pull the back one too. I knew it would make some difference on the warmth by not letting the air through the cab, but was surprised at just how well it kept the cold out running damn near full speed down a gravel road.
does the back window bolt to the back of the cab?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does the back window bolt to the back of the cab?
No, it goes on with rubber straps for quick installation and removal. Initial install took a while because the straps need to be bolted on loosely until it's in place and to get to the top ones to tighten, I had to pull the roof off Looking it over it should come off pretty easy.

Here's the link for the window. It has pics of the straps used to mount it
Yamaha Wolverine Cab Back/Dust Stopper

·
Banned
504 Posts
I have found the exact opposite to be true
with just my full windshield, dust swirls around it and right into the back of the cab
it's like opening a sliding window on a truck, anything in the bed gets sucked in

There is a good chance you will want to lose that rear window when the dusty season gets here ... it seams on every machine having both will suck dust into the cab like crazy

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I ran with a piece of plexy glass on the back last summer and with the front windshield folded down didn"t have dust issues,the defender back window attaches to the the canopy at the top making tight seal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.