Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
If you mark the outside of the socket so it lines up with the lines on the secondary you can run the nut down by hand to start and then place your socket on to finish up tightening by lining up all the marks. On mine it has three marks that all lined up in red I just marked the socket to align with when tightening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh ok I get ya now. Man I hope mine is tight enough whew!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got it out for a quick ride wow there’s a huge difference in performance even over just the Weller PV3 a lot more low end and it really gained some top. Is like my previous YXZ no but it’s a lot closer with more bottom end and a happier wife to drive it vs the YXZ. The best way to describe it is the YXZ is like an old built 250r a blast well in the power band and this is a lot like the modern enduro bike a hard pull all the way through the band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Sheave torque specs.
I use German torque...
Good'n'tight

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
First test ride without doors and windshield however but wow. I’m surprised. With the heavy tires it feels better then it did stock. Lots of pull. I was able to spin the tires and slide a bit impressed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
The glass windshield is in. The down low outta the hole power is pretty nice. Midrange feels to pull real nice as well. She levels off pretty good in the higher rpm range. I did see 60 MPH according to the PV3 and 58 and flash of 59 on the x4 speedo. Not sure why they are not the same. I do have 28 inch tires so not sure how far off those are but overall the machine feels much more smooth and a long steady pull. In the seat of my pants I would have to say I’m happy I spent the money. Feels to have more then stock even with the big tires.
P.s my local dealer has offered me 22,000 for the x4 with the plow and all my accessories as it sits if I purchase the rmax 4 XTR that is coming in November. Trying to be smart here. I finally have a great machine. But the test drive of the RMAX4 was so smooth and so much power. I just dint wanna break the bank because I’m spoiled with the cab and heat now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Reactions: Paul65
121 - 126 of 126 Posts