Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got the wolvy about a month ago I had only been able to put about 3 hours on it going round and round at my friends property. He has about 800 acres of woods and bottom land. I just wanted to get a little time on the belt before I took it out for a little better test. So last weekend my wife and I along with another couple went up to Wolf Pen Gap near Mena AR. It is in the Oachita national forest, and has about 35 miles of trails with varying difficulty levels. I generally stay with the beginner and intermediate trails. I have done the more extreme stuff before on my Rancher, but once was enough. I have grown more cautious with age. LOL ANYWAY, the wolverine was awesome. It handled the long steep climbs and the rocky stuff without seeming to try. It was wet and rainy, and the muddier parts were no problem. The mud was slick, not deep. I did use 4 wheel drive and diff lock, but that was more to just make sure everything was functioning properly. Everything I rode I have done on the Rancher in 2wd. When we got up on Sunday for the second (and last) day of riding, it was pouring down, so we canceled and went home early. I was disappointed in that, but the one day I did get was enough for me to be absolutely positive that I made the right choice when I got that bad boy. Wifey says it is going to be too cold for "us" to go riding again until March or so. I have other ideas about that. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Get her some warm clothes and a seat heater and have at it. When does it start snowing there?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The wife and I took our wolverine to mulberry AR this weekend (Saturday and Sunday), we rode at bryds adventure center Saturday and mill creek in the ozarks Sunday! Wonderful riding weather! We love our wolverine just need alittle more ground clearence for the rocks. Cover 85 miles in the two day!

It won't start snowing till late December or January!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in the southern part of Arkansas and most years we don't get any meaningful snow. A dusting or two is the norm for us. I am hoping to take a trip or two this winter w/o wifey. If it is below 50, she is freezing. LOL

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wife and I took our wolverine to mulberry AR this weekend (Saturday and Sunday), we rode at bryds adventure center Saturday and mill creek in the ozarks Sunday! Wonderful riding weather! We love our wolverine just need alittle more ground clearence for the rocks. Cover 85 miles in the two day!

It won't start snowing till late December or January!
I have never been to either Byrds or Mill Creek. They both look very interesting on the web. I will have to give them both a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts