Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been covered, but I want to get an idea on what you guys use to wash your RMAX. I have the XTR and sometimes getting it clean is a pain. I have pressure washer and try to get a good bit of the junk off between every ride. I don't expect it to be showroom quality after every ride, but I want it to be somewhat clean.

I am wondering what you guys use to get your machines clean? Any good soaps/washes out there that you recommend?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,228 Posts
I drive mine over to my local car wash because their water is softened. I wrecked the finish on my Trailblazer washing it in the driveway before I realized how hard my water was after buying my home.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use Slick products and Adams on my trucks. I've washed my truck and had some Adams left in the foam cannon and used it on the Wolverine. Both work well. I use a pressure washer and a foam cannon and always comes out looking damn near new. If I use the Slick spray on the black, it looks like I just bought it.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
342 Posts
I just bought a foam cannon to try on my Rmax, and I must say it works pretty good!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
993 Posts
Are you supposed to wash it? I did it for about a month and sprayed it with lemon pledge . Dishes get washed. Outdoor toys rinsed and put up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
250 miles on the Rmax without washing. Just blow it off with my 525mph Ryobi power blower.

Question: Looked in the manuals and can’t find any recommendations for getting the Adventure Pro wet. Should it be removed to wash?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since I'm a detailer on the side, I have a lot of detailing products. I think I'm going to give the Slick Products a try and see how they work. I have a foam cannon that I use quite a bit, I'm just hoping to try some new things. I appreciate all of the feedback.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My adventure pro has been rinsed off but I don’t think I’d soak it with a foam cannon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
2 gallon hand sprayer.
1/2 gallon of Simple Green. 1/2 bottle of Dawn dish soap and mix with water.
Spray on machine and let it work. Rinse off and wipe it dry to avoid water spots.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had to clean up the RMAX before presenting to my wife. I “tested” it pretty well to be sure it would meet my wife’s high standards, so it was pretty muddy / dirty.

I used a microfiber cloth and car shampoo with a hose. Not anything special. It cleaned up nice. Yamaha does mention cleaning the unit:

section 10-1.

This isn’t rocket surgery here and it does help to clean of the unit periodically, rather than let it accumulate. I just put in 6+ hours cleaning and waxing my truck for the first time in 14 months. It was properly dirty for some time, but I moved into the current house in the middle of drought restrictions which lasted several months. Then after they lifted restrictions I was just lazy. The price of that laziness was about another 2 - 2.5 hours of elbow grease. I had to wash more than once on most panels to ensure cleanliness and then move on to waxing.

Plus keep the undercarriage presentable. The more covered in muck, the more you’re going to not like maintenance / repairs.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
The other thread on it is here if you want some more ideas................
Good cleaner?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts