Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 Rmax2 1000 XTR
40 Posts
Need a Bead Lock Ring Part Number B5H-F5185-01-00 urgently. Availability or anyone who may have stock of this item View attachment 107704
? Happy to pay freight to Australia.
Cheers

Wonder if this place would ship one to you, says they will ship in 5-8 days. If not, do you know anyone state side that can help you out?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Unfortunately like so many , the item is listed but on enquiry is nil stock. 😕 Have found this to be the case a dozen times at least. But appreciated the link 👍 This lack of parts supply is of real concern to me, especially on parts such as wheels, axles and other parts that are very prone to damage and with not being able to obtain basically turns the Rmax into nothing more than a garden ornament for birds to perch on :(:( Cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
At 48 kilometres travelled a crack was found across bead ring. Being a mechanic for 40+ years one could say I have a pretty good educated guess as to why the failure, but Yamaha will not agree with my findings. This is rather frustrating when you know what your looking at ! They are supplying under warranty if and when one is available. If I could source the rim size locally I would just bolt a set of aftermarket rims on but like a lot of things in these current times, just not available. Rims 14 x 7 in 4+3 offset yes but the 5+2 offset nothing.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
What about an aftermarket ring or is will only a Yamaha ring fit a Yamaha wheel?

·
Registered
17 Posts
At 48 kilometres travelled a crack was found across bead ring. Being a mechanic for 40+ years one could say I have a pretty good educated guess as to why the failure, but Yamaha will not agree with my findings. This is rather frustrating when you know what your looking at ! They are supplying under warranty if and when one is available. If I could source the rim size locally I would just bolt a set of aftermarket rims on but like a lot of things in these current times, just not available. Rims 14 x 7 in 4+3 offset yes but the 5+2 offset nothing.
134 hours on mine and one of the rear cv's is 'clacking' loudly(bloke next door can hear it 50 metres away) with the other side starting to chime in when ever I get off level ground,dealer has little to no interest in my problem......even implied the noise was in my head.I can't believe this thing sports a yamaha badge! Exprience is what you get when you don't get what you expect........If these things have gone up that much I will probably let someone else enjoy the Yamaha experience

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What kind of damage did the ring sustain?
Ring is cracked across one of the mount bolts, could be tig welded and I have tig but would then need to have mount face machined. Not a lot of people have a lathe big enough to mount 14" diameter material. I think the main issue is that after over 4 months and still not available something is not being done right? I bet quite a few new machines have rolled of the assembly line in that time. So for me the units are being sold but no priority given to service those already sold. .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What about an aftermarket ring or is will only a Yamaha ring fit a Yamaha wheel?

You may be able to match up with wheel if you had both, but to purchase a ring and hope it matches would be like knowing the lotto numbers :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
134 hours on mine and one of the rear cv's is 'clacking' loudly(bloke next door can hear it 50 metres away) with the other side starting to chime in when ever I get off level ground,dealer has little to no interest in my problem......even implied the noise was in my head.I can't believe this thing sports a yamaha badge! Exprience is what you get when you don't get what you expect........If these things have gone up that much I will probably let someone else enjoy the Yamaha experience
Banshee where in Oz are you located ? I have no issue with dealer as they have helped all they can, but Yamaha has a care factor of 0% You can call ten times before you even get to speak with some one, emails take days to get a reply (That's if you are fortunate enough to even get one ) I have been spinning spanners on these things since the mid seventies and never before have I had such a lack lustre approach to an issue. We run in rugged country, probably about as rugged as it gets and so that along with the nature of the job they do are very prone to damage, the parts being unobtainable kills the whole deal for me. Sad as a great unit but if you can't fix it for months after an issue then that is a big issue. Have no wish to part with the Rmax, but the parts situation leaves me with no other practical option..
In brief our unit has done 12 hours total, our dealer is over 400 kilometres away, we spent more hours four months ago driving to pick it up than we have driven the actual SXS. Yamaha just does not appear to care and it is this attitude that pisses me more than the problem.
One should have a footnote here, the people I have dealt with I do not feel are to blame as at the end of the day they are answerable to a boss. This boss being the powers in Yamaha .The parts just simply are not available and I think the only solution is Yamaha need to pull a few vehicles of the production line and use the parts to be made available for stock. From my readings this is certainly not just an issue for Australian buyers but indeed a world wide issue

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Glad to hear you've got a result.As for me,I've got a small farm between Lismore and Nimbin in the Northern Rivers area of NSW.
Lismore area ? Have a friend lives Lismore, she has a two storey place and still got flooded out a couple of months ago. You would be just about trading the Rmax for a boat about now ?
On yours re axle / CV issue have you pulled the boots to see if joints are dry ? Also checked rear hub nuts are tight ?
As said can always sell on but the issue for me in doing that is what is currently available could be worse than what you have? I looked seriously at The Honda as like the gear type gear box (no belt drive) but not a real great top end. Do a fair bit of 80 / 100 kph roads and in FNQ on a 40+C day I have no wish to have the thing screaming it's guts out for 20 to 30 K on the trip home. Guess a lot comes down to what your use is going to be ? If can help out at all just let us know 👍

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Banshee if you are thinking of selling let me know. I am sick of waiting for mine. Small world I have a farm between Lismore and Kyogle.

I tore a boot on a rear cv on my x2. It promptly spat out all the grease and sounded terrible, but did not fail and kept going for the rest of our Cape York trip. New boot was fitted and grease but still noisey as hell. Strangely enough had no problem getting a new axle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
If you crack a boot you have to clean and repack asap otherwise once contaminated will chew itself up pretty quickly.. FNQ one of the worst places as the dust turns the grease into a grinding paste.. CV boot repairs probably most common repair we do up here, but then running about thirty quads and SXS and they cop a hammering whilst the muster is on. Out in paddock we wrap boot with duct tape till back at station then replace that night..

21 - 40 of 42 Posts