Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
This place is an on demand fabrication shop in Utah. I'm sure one can be made.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not as yet, but pretty close to handing Yamaha back their unit as for me if you can't buy parts to fix something then it's not of much use to me. I've actually spent more time trying to obtain the part than I have driving the Rmax and I am serious were under 50 kilometres. Four months in awaiting a part that keeps a vehicle off road as said just doesn't work in my world. Rmax apart from being excessively noisy is a good unit but parts supply just kills it sadly. From extensive reading I'm also not the only owner having this issue re parts availability. The word covid keeps coming up but there sure has been a lot of time since to sort what ever the issue is I feel :unsure:

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,863 Posts
Not as yet, but pretty close to handing Yamaha back their unit as for me if you can't buy parts to fix something then it's not of much use to me. I've actually spent more time trying to obtain the part than I have driving the Rmax and I am serious were under 50 kilometres. Four months in awaiting a part that keeps a vehicle off road as said just doesn't work in my world. Rmax apart from being excessively noisy is a good unit but parts supply just kills it sadly. From extensive reading I'm also not the only owner having this issue re parts availability. The word covid keeps coming up but there sure has been a lot of time since to sort what ever the issue is I feel :unsure:
Might have better luck just ordering a aftermarket wheel while you wait for the Yamaha part🏁

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might have better luck just ordering a aftermarket wheel while you wait for the Yamaha part🏁
Yep tried that also, In Australia only thing I can get in stock is 14 x 7 4+3 which being both inner and outer rim moves outboard by approx an inch leaves disc rotor and caliper which on normal offset is inside wheel rim line is then exposed to rock strikes. The decision to return only comes after exhausting all options. I can get a complete set of after market shipped from the US but spending $2200.00 shipped on a SXS that has travelled less than 50 kilometres since new doesn't sit well with me. Have thought about biting the bullet on this and selling remaining rims as spares also. Plus once wheel issue is sorted you still have to accept that if it gets damaged in anyway you probably will not be able to source the parts to repair it. So I think it may be time to say Ta Ta Rmax 😕 .

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I agree and it is nonsense. Even here in the States it sucks. Months for an axle? Yep, its happening but not just to us. Others are having issues as well (auto, SXS, hell even home appliances). Thank Wuhan and the world depending on Asia for everything. Question is, what will you replace it with or will you even replace it? I had a conversation with my wife last night. I could make a good chunk of cash selling the RMAX but what could we get to replace it? New units are $3000 over what we paid for it and used units are right what we paid but don't have any of the stuff I've already added to it. Its a great time to sell before the world goes into a recession but be prepared to wait a long time before you can replace anything.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes unfortunately you are 100% correct, the only thing I can find compatible in the top end and performance area is a Honda Talon. First issue with that is next to no cargo area and perhaps parts supply would be no better ? Hence the dilemma as before one acts hastily one has to make sure they are not cutting of their nose to spite their face 😕 😕 😄

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Yes unfortunately you are 100% correct, the only thing I can find compatible in the top end and performance area is a Honda Talon. First issue with that is next to no cargo area and perhaps parts supply would be no better ? Hence the dilemma as before one acts hastily one has to make sure they are not cutting of their nose to spite their face 😕 😕 😄
Sounds like a good excuse to have a few pints this weekend and think it over.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts